Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: UB Mess up

I'd place my money on it not being him as well.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:39 AM

This is pure speculation on my part. My guess is that this is the magic of inflexible software. They may have had a choice:

1) Configure the tournament for cash prizes with play to a single winner. Problem is the "prize money" gets automatically added to your account.

2) Configure the tournament as a satellite with entries for the top three finishers. You saw what happened next.

Technology is like that sometimes and it's not a crime. But they really needed to make it very clear to everyone before the tournament started. Then there would be nothing for them to apologize for.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:50 AM

Yesterday, for the 2nd time, I've sworn never to go back to UltimateBet. They do so many stupid things like this all the time. When their software is functioning, it is nice to play on. Unfortunately, it crashes all the time (Party virtually never crashes). UB has gotten progressively worse at solving the situations.

Here's a situation: SNG, 5 players left, I have half the chips in play and pick up pocket Kings. The UB server crashes. Their solution: refund all players their buy-in (even the ones that were eliminated). WTF?

Party skins customer service can often be persuaded if you are persistent enough. UB never understands legimate complaints from customers.

Obviously, you got screwed, dude. That sucks. They're treating it like the end of some TEC tournament where all places get the same prize. That's just ridiculous.

I'd keep on them about this. With $750 at stake and no solutions yet, you should step it up as much as possible. ASK A SUPERVISOR to e-mail you regarding the situation. The first level customer service people are complete morons at any company. Do whatever you can. Hope it works out. I'd play the match though. UB has a way of not reversing it's decisions to screw customers. Take what you can get.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Technology is like that sometimes and it's not a crime. But they really needed to make it very clear to everyone before the tournament started. Then there would be nothing for them to apologize for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying, I would be absolutely fine with this if they had made this clear before the tourney, but that wasn't the case. I think this is more of a case of support just forgeting that the first, second , and third places are not the same prize, but I can't seem to get this through to them.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:53 AM

This is the fist time I have had a major problem with UB and I think if this problem is not solved, I will try playing somewhere else. I've sent numerous emails asking for a supervisor or manager's email but have got no response. I have no idea where else to go with this. Thanks all for the suggestions. HU match is at 2PM if anyone feels like watching.
Malone
Old 05-01-2005, 08:54 AM

Does anybody by chance have an email address of someone higher up the UB system then customer support??? Figure I'd ask here since support won't seem to give it to me.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2005, 09:04 AM

try emailing philhelmuth@ultimatebet.com or whatver his or annie duke's or antonio esfandiari's emails are. just email every adress you can find. maybe beanie who writes the newsletter.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:09 AM

Definately play for the $250 though. By sitting out, you do not make a point to anyone, but yourself.

They will barely notice. Play and keep the e-mails going.

I do understand your frustration though.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:19 AM

Do play. If you play and win you have a much better argument for them being morons than if you don't play. No play no cash no difference between 1st and 3rd. Win and you have a $750 change.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:00 PM

Well I they finally emailed:

"I understand your position, but there was no mistake, perhaps you are not familiar with our tournament rules.

Rule 18 states:

In the event a tournament is cancelled due to technical difficulties at UltimateBet.com, players who were already eliminated from the event will lose their buy-in and fees. The remaining players in the event will be paid the prize money based on their chip stacks and standings in the tournament at the time the tournament stops running.

As you can see the system credited all accounts accordingly.
We hope we clarified this issue for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Marco

Customer Service Department"

Well I give up.