Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 4 - Four vs. Ten
Predator (4) 117 74.05%
Bloodsport (10) 41 25.95%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Does this count as winning a fight?

[ QUOTE ]
Implicit in fighting... is the concept of survival at all costs

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

If you're talking about "social contracts", you havent been in many fights. Perhaps you're on a college campus where "fighting" means two drunken frat boys wrestling around the beer keg, but in the real world, fights are fast, nasty things.

I've been in 3 fights in my life. In two of them, the other guy went to the hospital with a broken elbow and knee, respectively, and in the other fight, I got my ass kicked badly until I managed to pull a knife. I deployed the blade, made a quick reverse slash that missed, and the other guy decided to disengage at that point.

Looking for fights like your friend did is just plain stupid, because some day he's going to pick a fight with a guy who is going to cut his goddamn throat open or cap him at contact distance with a pistol.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:11 AM

You are wrong, this isnt vietnam, there are rules. People who get into a lot of fights do have a lot of unwritten rules like no weapons, not continuing to pummel someone after they are unconscious etc. Violation of these rules normally results in outside intervention, such as friends stopping the fight. In fact, the last fight i saw involving several random strangers who happend to be playing at the same basketball court, there was actually a pause right before the fight when one of the people basically asked for a rules clarification (technically he asked if any of the "fags" were going to "grab his jock" during the fight) and his friends said it was unnecesary, people knew the rules(something like "even fags know whats what" is what he actually said), then there was a pretty brutal 4 on 4 throwdown. No one used weapons.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out using mace is cheating.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:15 AM

Isn't this sort of like deciding your goal is to "be a hero"--and then looking for some kid to push into the lake so you can save him from drowning?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:17 AM

I hope you don't end up in the hospital for believing everyone abides by these "rules."
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I promise that if you fight me, I'm going to try to [censored] kill you, so you better be doing the same to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so tough.

It's clear you're not a fighter.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong, this isnt vietnam, there are rules. People who get into a lot of fights do have a lot of unwritten rules like no weapons, not continuing to pummel someone after they are unconscious etc. Violation of these rules normally results in outside intervention, such as friends stopping the fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, you've been hanging out with too many middle class/college educated folks, and you just dont understand how sociopathic the criminal element is in our society. Just because you would not pull a weapon out there does not mean that other people won't.

Check out some of these videos. Fight videos I particularly remember the one called "skater beats guy with skateboard" because it shows how antisocial some people really are. The guy who got his ass beaten got to live only because the antisocial skater punk chose not to kill him.

If you dont think fights are deadly serious business--and potentially life ending--you are in denial. Your best option for personal security is a lifelong committment to avoidance, de-escalation, and deterrence. But when those tactics fail, you have to be ready to use your hands, a knife, or a gun.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:28 AM

That fight video link along makes this thread worthwhile. I cant get the skater video to work though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I promise that if you fight me, I'm going to try to [censored] kill you, so you better be doing the same to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so tough.

It's clear you're not a fighter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone pulling a knife in a fight - like Despot did - is exactly why I said I would do my best to break my opponents hands/wrists/arms.

I can't believe people are so blase about fights. Rather, I can believe it, but I'm a bit irked that people can be so naive about it even when the obvious is pointed out.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
exactly why I said I would do my best to break my opponents hands/wrists/arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously, like me, trained as a ground fighter. When I was a kid, I used to believe that chokes and control/submission techniques were the best to use, because they were so effective in the dojo/competition. They certainly have their place, but groundfighting, unless you have a partner with you, is incredibly dangerous in multiple attacker encounters. Moreover, a guy isn't going to be able to use a knife (or armlock for that matter) if his eyes are rolling back in their sockets, and his jaw is hanging loosely from your "lights out" elbow strike. So bottom line, in a fight, there's nothing better than a big fat guy pummelling some guy's head until he falls to the ground, then kicking him in the grape until he's out cold. Ive seen it happen several times. It's a disappointing fact for small guys like me, but size and strength overcome training in most fights. Weapons are equalizers.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:04 PM

This is clearly Scenario B . Mr. Mission Accomplished is lucky his nutsack didn't become the other guy's speedbag. If there were any justice, he'd be singing soprano for a week.