Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Turned flush - 1/2 six-max

I think MP3 has two pair or a str8 on the turn much more often than he has the flush. I cap it and lead the river calling a raise folding if it's 2bets back to me.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Turned flush - 1/2 six-max

[ QUOTE ]
I don't need to know that the 4th spade is coming. I think his hand is pretty well defined here. Either he has KT or he has a flush IMO. The only hand that can conceivably draw out against us is the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] paired with a non-spade Ten.

Anyway, the reason I said to call the turn 3bet and bet out the river was sort of a compromise. I'm not sure I have the best hand, but there's only a few hands that can actually beat us here. If I cap the turn and bet the river I will get raised if I am behind. However, since I think we are good here slightly more than 50% I want to make sure the river doesn't check through. Perhaps I'm missing some value by not capping the turn, but I am also saving a bet when I am behind - there is no chance I cap this turn and check-call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are ahead here WAAAAAAAAAAAY more than 50%, and it's not even close. You are definitely missing value.

There are a lot of good second best hands that we could be up against. Top pair, top pair with good kicker w/gutshot perhaps, 2 pair, a set, a straight.

You will see tptk here sometimes. A set might 3-bet.
Top pair with a gutshot sometimes will 3-bet.
2 pair will often 3-bet. And last but not least, I think a straight is 3-betting here everytime.