Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: odd little hand 215

One day when my stuffy nose finally subsides I hope to smell my own feet and say "wow! this is what a veteran's foot smells like! I bet citanul's smells the same"

bubbleo0o0bubbleo0o0
Old 03-31-2005, 11:11 AM

With the blinds at 50, I don't put alot of value to mp2's raise or mp3's call. That could simply mean "I have 2 pretty cards, let's try a weak steal". Might have even tried a reraise depending on read. If you reraise here you will narrow hands considerably and it's a nice size pot if you take it down. If you were willing to call a raise you should have raised, since you had position. So flat calling in my opinion is not really that great, because even a miniraise leaves you scratching your head. SB mini reraise screams big pockets. He doesn't want anyone to fold, so my guess is AA. Even KK would want to charge Ax more to see the flop. Or a total bluff. Folded to me since I was closing I would have to call and dump without the set. Of course them being 7's I would dump them, as they are my only losing pp's, so I could be pretty sure I wouldn't hit, lol.

Later,
Rick
Old 03-31-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, yeah, i'm pretty sure that no one pulls this stuff with kk in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I think there is some important stuff here that I don't understand. Why is it so obvious to you guys that he has AA and not KK? What do you mean by "no one pulls this stuff with kk in this spot?"
Old 03-31-2005, 11:16 AM

Rick you are my favorite non veteran poster. Even with just 124 posts, reading your wisdom makes my nipple hairs stand. PLease reply and get 125 posts.

Fhish
bubbleo0o0bubbleo0o0
Old 03-31-2005, 11:18 AM

As I stated in my post, KK would want to charge Ax more to see the flop. It's hard to play KK post flop when an ace falls, so your more inclined to get your money in early after a couple people have showed aggression, and you avoid hard decisions later.

Rick
Old 03-31-2005, 11:23 AM

Well thank you, I think. (Not too sure about the nipple thing. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img])

Later,
Rick
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 AM

I've only read the first line, [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Another sets-addict!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:13 PM

yessir.

personally, looking at your previous post with the line "then you've posted something that very rarely happens" or whatever, that isn't exactly what i'd call the most advice dispensing post i've ever seen. my point is that i don't give a rats ass how often the situation comes up. neither does/should anyone else. in fact, most of the posts that are really interesting are because they are so infrequent, as with about 30 total questions or so you could answer all the questions that "come up all the time."

i thank you for your advice in your original post, and, would like to point out another couple things:

1) when in my reply i said "nonetheless, the frequency of what happens is totally unimportant to me. i care much more about what the correct play is. specifically, what the correct play is when the action is on me the first time preflop" - it really didn't need any response from you about whether or not you've already done something of that kind. see, it's a short thread, and i can read. thus, i know that you've already responded, so you making a post that says effectively, in tenor, "i already told you what to do there, so clearly you don't need to seek other opinions," is pretty bleh to me.

2) when you're playing poker and you have some money on the table, and the money isn't deep, that is not referred to as "playing on a short bankroll." it is referred to as "playing with a short stack." bankroll refers to total money available to buy in to a game, not the table stakes.

in other news, my general mood while typing varies a lot. sometimes i'm in a very good mood, others pissed off by idiots. i'm going on vacation tomorrow, so hopefully when i get back, i'll be in a more idiot friendly mood.

citanul
Old 03-31-2005, 12:14 PM

hm.

i'm beginning to think i should have put a poll in this thread.

thanks for the input.

citanul

ps: this talk about nipple hair is going to get old pretty quick.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:14 PM

indeed, i'm sure our feet smell much the same. but our farts, well, mine smell like roses.

citanul