Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: The old rock got angry at me (aka \"You called with a GUTSHOT??!?\")

You can't control the responses of every single nit headed jerkoff old man who doesn't have the knowledge to understand that you played correctly. It's too bad he is now "out to get you" but you'll just have to adjust. Get him on your right if at all possible, that way he can't drive the loose callers out if you bet first, all he can do is check-raise you, allowing you the opportunity to three bet his miserable ass. If you have the chance, play in a separate game from him whenever possible.

If he just won't lay off, and you can't avoid him, turn the tables on him and rub it in every time you can, thus putting him on mega-tilt. Announce...

"I have a one-card gutshot to the butt-end draw, therefore I am going to call you, old man."

"I have a runner-runner one card deuce-high club flush draw, so naturally I'm a callin' you, boy."

This kind of statement would piss him off even more if it was impossible to have the draws you are announcing you have. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al
Old 08-02-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: The old rock got angry at me (aka \"You called with a GUTSHOT??!?\")

i'd stand up and yell POKARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! a la mcmannis

click here if you don't know what im talking about (naughty language wav)

fim
Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"I have a one-card gutshot to the butt-end draw, therefore I am going to call you, old man."

[/ QUOTE ]

3 months on the forums, and I have never laughed out loud.

"LOL!"

If I had said this it would have been priceless.

hahahahhahahah

LOL!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ask him to go outside and play hide and go [censored] himself

[/ QUOTE ]

Commerce 9/18, about 3 months ago, I whacked somebody with almost exactly the same situation. Guy started cussing me out (funny how guys can't take it when I smack them around at the table..) I ended up losing my cool when he said something along the lines of "stupid dykey bitch of a c**t!" and snarled back (in a most unladylike manner) "I'm a dyke, huh? well then, later I'm going to go F*** your girlfriend up the ass!"

Guy stared at me for about 30 seconds, puffy red face, made as if to throw his cards at me, then started laughing his ass off, bought me a drink, and proceeded to stack off to me in about 3 more hands.

Ah, how I love making friends.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Commerce 9/18, about 3 months ago, I whacked somebody with almost exactly the same situation. Guy started cussing me out (funny how guys can't take it when I smack them around at the table..) I ended up losing my cool when he said something along the lines of "stupid dykey bitch of a c**t!" and snarled back (in a most unladylike manner) "I'm a dyke, huh? well then, later I'm going to go F*** your girlfriend up the ass!"

Guy stared at me for about 30 seconds, puffy red face, made as if to throw his cards at me, then started laughing his ass off, bought me a drink, and proceeded to stack off to me in about 3 more hands.

Ah, how I love making friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO while simultaneously choking on coffee!

Great comeback....isn't it funny how sometimes the hotheaded bully backs down when you give it right back at them? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 09:03 AM

How about saying, "I thought you were bluffing" with a confused look on your face.