Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: What are my chances?

I do believe all the Truepoker CEO said, was that his company would give one of their top customers the benefit of the doubt in a case like this. Not sure why this reasonable answer deserves a flame in response.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:39 PM

You wrote; "I remember a tourney you held for 2+2s some years ago when everything went wrong and you had to cancel. As I remember you refunde everyone, but refused to discuss the matter with us (it's ok, everybody can behave badly here and there). What I don't recall is other sites posting that your site sucked (wich it doesn't btw)"

I remember that tournament as well. One of our hosts thought he was fixing something that was not broke, while it was in progress. That stopped the tables from collapsing and the tourney turned into one table shootouts.

We not only refunded everyone, my recollection is that we also paid prizes out to the table finishers.

Our general policy is that when we screw something up, we make the players more than whole.

As for saying that some other site "sucked" I have never done that. (I re-read my post above and I never said one bad thing about Party.) It was a bit unusual for me to enter a thread which was negative about treatment of a player's issue. But, ask yourself William, why would offering a different view on how it might be handled bothers you ?

With respect to your original post, sorry, but you were engaged in some ad hominem attack on me, my work and also on our business, which had little to do with anything specific I had posted.

(I do appreciate your subsequent concession that Truepoker doesn't "suck'.)

Truepoker CEO
Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 AM

Haha, there you go William [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The reason I quit playing TRUE was that it would time me out from SB and give me dissconnectprotect due to me answering door or what not, and not reset my dissconnect protect again for 24 hours after that.

It is not right to give dissconnectprotect to players who time out due to not paying attention.

Other than that your site was too busy for my eyes over my lenghty shifts of poker.

Always liked you posting here though.

Make your site the lowest in Rake and I might come play there.

ToT
Old 10-25-2005, 11:56 AM

EXCELLENT!

BECAUSE you run a poker site, your opinion IS NOT WANTED on how A POKER SITE should handle a sitution like this.

You people don't know WHAT THE @#$% you are griping about. All opinions have some degree of merit, and the fact that he runs a poker site should make his opinion worth MORE, not LESS.

You are criticizing him because you view him as opportunistic. That's just good business.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Nothing ever changes huh bananaboy?
Still crawling behind others with your tongue sticking to their bottoms? Need a new job or what? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 08:00 PM

your email is very good and they should pay the money out of pocket this one time and notify you about how to check your all ins for future reference and how to get them reset if needed.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:44 PM

I just curious as to how many disconnect protections do you have. It seems kinda silly if you play 10 tables and have only 1 disconnect protect. When I was playing at euro they automatically increased my disconnects.
Having just come back to party they haven't increased mine yet even though I play quite a few tables. It doesn't look like they will do it anytime soon either. I would hate to have something like that happen to me but sorry bike, it looks like you are out of luck. I wouldn't put any faith in party's support.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 AM

The probability that you'll get that pot is exactly 0.

The best you can hope for is a $100 COMPBONUS.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Do you still only have 2 disconnect protects when you are ten tabling party? Are the DPs used per table or per instance of disconnect. ie. if you are disconnected does it use one DP for all ten tables you are playing or one DP per table?

If it is per table then what could have happened if you were all in on two other tables where the showdown occured before this table, your DPs would then have been "used" by the time this table got to showdown. The odd thing here though is that you were already heads up at the river on this table. Hard for two other tables to complete much sooner than this one. Check your hand histories and see if this is the issue.

Obviously if DP is used in this "one per table" manner there will be much more issues with this now if only 2 DP's are still allowed whereas people can now play 10 tables.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:17 PM

Dear Brian,

After spending hours thoroughly reviewing the hand, we have determined that your win was not guaranteed and thus am unable to compensate you for your loss. It is recommended that you contact player LuckBoxLLC01 or your internet provider and try to negotiate a deal for your $763. Also, to avoid these kinds of situations in the future, I strongly encourage you to take advantage of our disconnect-protectt feature, which enables a player to go all-in when he/she is disconnected. Don't forget to try out our new exciting sidebets and blackjack tables! Enjoy!

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Dilan Dikshit
Poker Customer Care