Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: WSOP final table hand

i agree.
i just push on this flop. if he was super agg postflop, then i would consider a check/raise or check call here.

You are last in chips, and last by a lot. a fold here and you are pretty crippled.

What hands are you really worried about? Not AK, as he would have reraised.
If he has KQ or KJ, so be it..he had no business calling preflop with those hands, so I really doubt he had it.

He is more likely to have something along the lines of TT, if he has 99, again, so be it.

a K is a ton less scary than an A.

It is plausible I'd check then make a read based on how he bets, if he does. And then push on any non-Ace turn (might check if another K comes).
But just about no way I check fold unless his bet just reads of monumental strength to me.

SD
Old 08-19-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He is more likely to have something along the lines of TT, if he has 99, again, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put him on TT or 99, why push when those hands will certainly fold here. If you check, those 2 hands might bet, which gets you more chips than just pushing. I'm pretty sure he's ahead here so why push a worse hand off?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:21 PM

if you are sure he is going to bet those hands, then yes check.
if he will check, afraid you have AK, then you are just giving him a free draw to beat you.

he also could have an A, and check that.

you have to be sure this guy will bet it.

just because you are ahead, doesn't mean you should slowplay.
slowplaying is good when you have crushed the deck or are against a pretty aggressive player.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. There's 340K in dead money to pick up here and that would increase hero's stack by nearly 20%. Also, QQ will be tough to play out of position if you're called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with Tyler here. While there's clearly things that don't happen as often if you push your QQ preflop, I think that looking at QQ and 16bb and thinking "I have 16bb I shouldn't push QQ" is a problem that happens to people who play a lot of party tournaments and never consider the antes. Hero's only got 6x pot = 6 orbits of money here. He isn't exactly grossly overbetting the pot by pushing preflop, and he is, as Tyler points out, picking up about 1/6 of his stack every time they they don't call. Hero's push will of course even be called often and be ahead, since his push isn't a gross overbet.

citanul
Old 08-19-2005, 05:33 PM

You have a lot of catching up to do. I don't recall the payouts for 7-9th but I would just push the flop unless I could pick up a read. Hopefully it gets on TV and hopefully he did have it.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's push will of course even be called often and be ahead, since his push isn't a gross overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point. If you were any of the others sitting on AJ, AQ, or TT-JJ, would you call/push OTT with around 10mil in chips? I know I might with some of those hands.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:59 PM

I'm not really qualified to respond, but why not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With all those huge stacks left to act, you out of position the rest of the way if called, and approaching seriously short stack all-in time anyway (M=5.5), I can't see only raising to 400k with Queens. I want the blinds/antes, and I'd not be too scared if someone with anything other then AA or KK called me either, considering it a time to double up if they did call. If I ran into KK or AA or Ax,Kx and they hit, that's poker as people keep tellng me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I would think my queens are ahead in that spot and look to pick up a pot here.

Post-flop, why didn't you put out a continuation bet? Was the idea that any bet might cause him to push you all in and you'd fold regardless? I like the check-push post-flop as well, as others have said, representing AK perhaps to him given your table image...

Will be interesting to see if the hand makes TV and whether he had anything at all.

Oh, and congratulations on a great tourny!!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:42 PM

Default All in baby!

all in preflop.

1) if they all fold, they have too much respect for you, and after this hand that could change, leading to callers if you get another monster.

2) if they call, it's not a bad hand to go out on, considering how few orbits you can afford.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero's push will of course even be called often and be ahead, since his push isn't a gross overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent point. If you were any of the others sitting on AJ, AQ, or TT-JJ, would you call/push OTT with around 10mil in chips? I know I might with some of those hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally palyers with AJ-AQ or TT-JJ will reraise the short stack preflop anyway.

I don't see the QQ is difficult to play postflop with a standard raise. You pretty much want to be ready to put the rest of the money in whatever hit.

The only decision is if an ace hits. An AKx flop would be really bad. Also, if you got 2 callers and an ace hit. However, in general, you can play like you have the nuts on the flop.

I am a big movein artist, but I don't know if I like the push with such a strong hand. I would open push any day in this stituation with a lower pp or AJ-AK.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a lot of catching up to do. I don't recall the payouts for 7-9th but I would just push the flop unless I could pick up a read. Hopefully it gets on TV and hopefully he did have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really sort of funny is that he's going to look strongly one way or another based on what the other guy had. Maybe that's not so funny.