Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: AA hand - Intended for newbies

I'm posting blind as I'm a "newbie" and thus should take a stab on my own.

Since the bettor is to my right, I'm forced to play a little slower with my aces since I don't want MP2, MP3 or CO to fold. Three betting the flop might fold them before the big bets come. MP2's lagginess is not worth enough to fold MP3 and CO on the flop. Call on the flop hoping everyone tags along.

If BB bets the turn, same situation. Give MP2, MP3 and CO (or hopefully at least MP2 + 1) circa 10:1 to call the turn bet ... pray one of them raises so you can three bet the turn. If BB does not bet the turn, then we should. This is too good of a hand to miss any bets this round.

If no one has raised prior to the river, and BB bets again, now I'm raising. If MP2, MP3 and CO have survived this long without telling us their hand is good, let's make them pay 2 BB each, with the potential for BB to 3-bet.

All of the BB betting here *may* scream out he has the 4, but so what? If you can't cap every street with this hand, then we shouldn't be playing poker, right?

Another reason I see playing a little slower may be best here is that it gives the other players chances to pair up, improving to a second best hand. It's true that pocket pairs may pull a higher boat, but fearing this 2-outer is like fearing the last 4 ... we shouldn't, right?

Ok, I'm ready for my flogging. Let me have it.

Added: As I read further, I see the added action & your comment you have the 2nd nuts. Tough luck, but I still can't find the fold button if its two bets back to me on that flop. I gladly see the turn & river, and I hold my breath at the end. I'm curious how the action would have to play out for you to find the fold button? I don't believe I ever could!
Old 09-22-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious how the action would have to play out for you to find the fold button? I don't believe I ever could!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm folding this ever. LAG might piss me off by getting me trapped between his pocket 6s or queen high and whatever it is that BB has that he likes so much. But I don't think I can fold it.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Up to the river

How do you play out the rest of the hand?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ...
Old 09-22-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Up to the river

Fold. BB has 99.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:41 AM

My first thought was "raise all the way, slowing down if he 3-bets the turn" cuz I don't feel any need to disguise my hand at the micros. Plus with three other people in this pot, it's big enough to take down now. I don't really need to pump it.

But... he's on my right. I think running the risk of a runner-runner or PP hitting a better full house is worth getting more bets in, plus putting in less money myself vs his possible quads (given his passivity). If he wasn't very passive, I'd completely discount the quads.

My line: call flop bet, raise the turn, slow down if 3-bet. (I think I'm too passive, tho.) I generally find that players like to make loose flop calls but then fold the turn UI. Either the rest of the field is gonna fold anyway, or they'll call two anyway. Let's party.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:45 AM

That's a joke right?

Given that MP2 c/3bet the flop it's likely he'll raise this turn behind you if you smooth call, and given BB's actions his actions are most likely 3bet &gt; call &gt;&gt; fold, so you can then either cap the raise or 3bet his call, or continue to smooth call and let MP2 cap if he raises.

I also think given the c/r by both players on the flop it's likely they both have PP's and it may get capped anyway...
Old 09-22-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a joke right?

Given that MP2 c/3bet the flop it's likely he'll raise this turn behind you if you smooth call, and given BB's actions his actions are most likely 3bet &gt; call &gt;&gt; fold, so you can then either cap the raise or 3bet his call, or continue to smooth call and let MP2 cap if he raises.

I also think given the c/r by both players on the flop it's likely they both have PP's and it may get capped anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeedy. And this is what I was thinking. Like Eskimo said 2-cold to the guys behind is probably going to reduce the field.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: More flop action??

Well we have mp2 beat since he isnt calling two cold preflop with anything less than a pair imo. I am worried about BB who could be playing 45s or something from the big blind. Call me weak tight but I am calling this down unless BB slows down. In which case I bet.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:37 AM

I don't know why you guys are so excited to be putting 8 more bets in here. I think we are up against a 4 a lot of the time. So I'm not sure, I'm definitely calling BB's turn lead but if it is two bets back to me, I might fold it.

EDIT: Maybe I throw in a raise here. We have not shown aggression post flop. If that doesn't slow them down and it's two bets back to me, I fold.

EDIT 2: The more I think about it I don't think we can really fold here. We just have to hope moron-o MP gets the picture. But I don't think we should be putting more bets in than we have to.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All of the BB betting here *may* scream out he has the 4, but so what? If you can't cap every street with this hand, then we shouldn't be playing poker, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think against a loose passive, this is really really bad. Even against a semi-maniac I am slowing down at some point. There are just a lot of hands that include a 4 that they could have. In particular for this case, a loose passive playing from the blinds has basically any two and you're going to have to give him credit for a 4 at some point or you are spewing chips IMO.