Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: A Very Standard Hand

[ QUOTE ]
on th at AA on QJxQ board, betting is superior to checking. in this case, too many worse hands, things like skeptic J or striaght/flush draws will call your bet and you can probably check-call blank river.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF are you doing WHEN you get raised? I really can't see your argument. There is a very good chance that you are now behind if you were ever ahead postflop. You have a good draw so you would like to see the river. Checking looks very weak on an obvious scare card and therefore you will induce many bets from worse hands by checking. There are very few cards that can hurt you. If he has KT, an ace doesn't help him, a spade doesn't help him. If he has T9, a spade doesn't help him. If he has Jx he is drawing to two jacks. Really, no one can have more than 5 outs here, I don't think, and they are likely to charge themselves by betting the turn anyways. And I definitely don't like betting and then calling a raise. But betting and then folding to a raise sucks, too. Seems like a bet here can only fold out the hands that you don't care if they stick around and it opens you up to be bluffed out a high percentage of the time that you are ahead.