Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 12:09 AM

Default Re: 2 QTs hands. Party 3/6.

Would you have cold-called a reasonable raiser after 2 others cold-called and UTG limped had you had the Button?

Touche' [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Probably not, and I know where you are going with this.

*But* dont give me any silly ideas [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], as I think you could pull a profit out in that situation also (QJs for sure). esp with a player remaining to act who will almost definitly come along with any hand.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:00 AM

Hi sublime,

Well, either way, I would rather have the Button in this hand and be cold-calling than be in the SB and semi-coldcalling, especially with the 3/6 blind structure.

I am no authority on cold-calling raises in these situations. I can't quite wrap my brain around it either way. At times, I think that I'm not that big of a dog to a hand like KK, and probably much less of a dog than some of the people who are cold-calling, and if they have AK I'm making a huge mistake by folding. Plus, I have position. I could argue both sides of the debate pretty well. But, pretty much everyone from Clarkmeister to GuyOnTilt agree to fold in that situation, and I'm taking their word for it. Whether you want to as well is up to you. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

-Brian
Old 10-09-2004, 01:41 AM

I could argue both sides of the debate pretty well. But, pretty much everyone from Clarkmeister to GuyOnTilt agree to fold in that situation, and I'm taking their word for it.

Okay maybe at the 1/3 blind structure you can advocate a fold (and can even sway me) But in a 1/2 blind structure, I cant see Clark advocating a fold in a pot that is going to be 6 handed . As a matter of fact a Clark 'disciple' (JoeTall) was telling me he called 1.5 bets with T9s (also a level four hand) in a 20/40 game. My response was "I do that all the time in multiway pots"

Then again I over-value my skill level [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2004, 08:33 AM

They play differently after the flop though and I think the connector will benefit more from the pot beeing twice the size than the KT.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:56 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is +EV. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you make such a strong statement? it's borderline.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:58 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

in a raised pot, I'd take T9s over QTs. your high cards have reverse implied odds. you're basically playing for straights and flushes. the only real advantage of QTs is a better two pair and stronger trips.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:31 AM

Hand#1:

Yes, you are getting a 'discount' on jumping into the pond at 10/1.66 with a suited broadway connector that is likely doiminated however, I would like a little more on my money and a 1/2 blind structure could get you there.

You flopped a monster equity-wise and I would bet out on this flop. Why c/r the river and shut the field out? Are they likely to over-call, then bet and 3-bet.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 10-09-2004, 11:34 AM

JoeTall was telling me he called 1.5 bets with T9s

What you missed was that UTG raised and 6 players called 2-bets and I was sure the BB was coming along. Bison was getting much less.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 10-09-2004, 11:35 AM

Hand 2

Raising or limping is fine. If you can gain position and have opponents that limp w/cheese, I prefer raising.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 10-09-2004, 12:56 PM

how can you make such a strong statement? it's borderline

I said that before taking into consideration the 1/3 structure [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]