Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: $50 NL - Ax suited

[ QUOTE ]
matrix.

First of all you are a LAG yourself, you seem a tad condesending towards them as terrible players. Just a little perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

See yesterday I would have taken issue with this - PT tells me my Vp$ip is 23 after 3000 hands - so I'd consider myself tighter than most and not loose. I don't mean to be condesending towards them - just pointing out that I don't take raises from them as seriously as those from tighter players... After posting this hand and reading the responses now I realise that I am a LAG after the flop - and am going to go look through my PT numbers and plug some leaks...

[ QUOTE ]

A min raise is terrible because it acomplishes nothing. ... your only real hope of winning to be a flush or a miracle flop. Fold preflop.

So you didn't fold preflop, well you have four diamonds with an overcard. You semi bluff the flop (You need to bet more than half pot here to semi bluff, since you are donk betting a pf RE- raiser.)

[/ QUOTE ]

so if I call a PF RE raise in the future (obviously now with better cards than Axsuited) bet 2/3 or the pot if I want to semi bluff?

[ QUOTE ]

The villian reraises (AGAIN!) and you still put him on a bluff? That is poor hand reading...

[/ QUOTE ]

you got me there.

[ QUOTE ]

This hand is a very good example of why people on this forum make money on party poker (dont get excited, your the reason.) Although you say you will fold the turn if you miss, you have still thrown away 24 bb on a crap hand. Chasing flushes and draws will hurt you tremendously in the long run. Although you made a lot of money THIS hand you have lost a lot of EV by playing a donkastic line.

It WILL catch up with you, and you should stop playing luck box poker and start learning the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate this hand I played badly and lucked out.

Before posting this I thought I hadn't played it THAT badly, tho I expected to get slated for calling the flop raise (I already knew THAT was a bad call) I had no idea my pf action was that terrible. Hence today I have learned a good lesson - and am doubly lucky that learning it hasn't nailed some of my bankroll.

I am trying to learn this game properly - I already know that playing luck box poker is only going to break my bank eventually.

So.. thanks once again for the feedback. I think I got more out of todays posting than a couple of books I've read. If it's all the same I'll keep posting hands here so you can all keep slating my play and I can learn more stuff as I am going along...

One way or another I *am* going to beat this game...
Old 11-07-2005, 07:22 PM

If villain is bad and will pay off when you hit your flush, I would probably c/c the flop. Get in as little money as you can now, and get it all in when you have the nuts.
If villain would fold KK-TT here ever, then bet/3-bet all in is better, since you would have some fold equity and even if he calls you are about a coinflip vs any pp KK-TT (obviously worse off against AA).
It certainly doesn't look like he is bluffing here.

I don't like your weak flop lead, but once you do it, against this guy it sounds like calling is the right play, since he will pay off if you hit. You are clearly getting the odds to call if he will pay off on the turn.

Oh, and preflop I would just dump this. Suited aces tend to not be good OOP in raised and re-raised pots. Just fold it the first time around.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:45 PM

Fold preflop to the reraise. C/R all in on the flop.