Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Worst job you can think of

When my sister was in med school they had a guy that was a professional prostate dummy. Every med student would line up and shove their finger in his butt and try and find the prostate.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:55 AM

Although prostate test dummy sounds pretty bad, I know a few people who are hot tar roofers in AZ. I cannot fathom having to be up there in August when it's 120 degrees with about 60% humidity.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:56 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
do it for five years, 50 weeks a year, 8 hours a day, then tell me how you feel about it- these guys looked like they'd made a carrer out of it, and they were both obviously in the early stages of labor related deformity and pain.

manual labor is a (life shortening)nightmare, for those who have no other option.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously it would blow full time. i used to do it during the summers, like 3 years in a row. paving driveways in intense heat. still only 20-30 hours a week, not bad at all. also a lot of time was spent just chilling out waiting for the hot top to show up, and there was tons of joking around going on.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:36 AM

Being a Catcher in the Rye.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:39 AM

Years ago I was actually a "copy guy" (a la Saturday Night live).

I would take thousands of pages of data (oil and gas well procuction data), copy it for several clients and snail mail it to them.

I would also fax it to several other clients - faxes were the new COOL technology at the time. Imagine faxing a 1500 page document and trying to not get any jams, misfeeds, etc. I would just sit there watching for hours, adding pages as the fax machine went through them, fixing jams before the line disconnected....it was tourture.

That job lasted about a week....
Old 01-26-2005, 03:11 AM

When I was 18, I would get out of school and hand dig the footers for block walls around luxury homes in a senior community in AZ. I had 3 tools: flat-head shovel, 40lb. spud bar and a maddock. All for the grand total of $6 an hour. At least when it was 115 it was a dry heat. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] That said, I think any job that includes working relentless hours with fecal matter would be pretty bad.

Russ
Old 01-26-2005, 03:37 AM

that still sucks. it was housepainting for me. and i had as much fun doing that in college (it was mostly standing around and smoking cigs, watching the primer dry- good times) as i did playing frisbee golf- until i became the boss. Unfourtunatly, i got hooked on the 40$/hr i was making and dropped out- now i have a bad back and no degree. (well.... it was a little more complicated than that, involving a girl and an unfourtunate skiing habit, (coke is not the most addictive white powder, imo) among other things)

...but there's nothing like hard labor to build up the 'ol work ethic and make sitting in front of a computer gringing 1/4 and 2/4 seem like easy street.

good stuff.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:40 AM

that sucks, but i'd rather get a finger or two up the butt than tar roofs. E Z money!

and i'm sure, for the right pervert (er... person) that's a dream job.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:57 AM

There is a young guy here in the Bay Area that started a company doing exactly that. He is 30 and a multi-millionaire. He has a hot wife and people are beating down his door to work for him. not that bad if you ask me.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:01 AM

I once had a job at the mill where I worked the graveyard shift. My duty was to clean up under the plywood manufacturing line. Plywood is made from glue that is made from chicken [censored]. I was basically up to my balls in chicken [censored] for 8 hours. But I didn't mind. I was able to quit my job at McDonalds. Even more amazing was that my best friend's dad was a big union boss and I had to get him to pull strings so I could get the job.