Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 08:42 AM

Default Re: 2+2 SnG Results

160 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 31 while in small blind (6%)
- 11 times out of 32 while in big blind (34%)
- 5 times out of 97 in other positions (5%)
- a total of 18 times out of 160 (11%)

Pots won at showdown - 4 out of 5 (80%)
Pots won without showdown - 28

PokerJon was to my right, and he was CONSTANTLY throwing steal bets at me when I was in the blinds. It was driving me crazy but I just kept getting the most outrageous garbage in the blinds that there was no way I could even think about making a move.

Also I'm happy to send my hand history to anyone who is interested.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:55 AM

109 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 18 while in small blind (11%)
- 4 times out of 17 while in big blind (23%)
- 5 times out of 74 in other positions (6%)
- a total of 11 times out of 109 (10%)

Pots won at showdown - 1 out of 2 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 11

This game really was proper tight.

I think I win the prize for most hating showdowns.
The showdown I won was with AA which I got all in b4 the flop. The won I lost was obviosuly where I went out.

madness.

Tim
Old 03-24-2004, 10:56 AM

Default AA hand

OK, this is a hand from the EURO game, feel free to flame away, since I really need some perspective on that one.

Blinds 15/30, I'm w/2260. UTG folds, UTG+1 (Ruddiger, 1130) limps, Tim folds, I raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to 120. Folded to BB (random?, 3145) who raises to 210. He's been raising a few times PF. Ruddiger folds. I decide to slow play a little, since it's only the both of us, and I call.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Not the last monster I flopped in this game... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet 390, he calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet 600, he calls. I don't put him on the flush draw (he didn't have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but reraised me PF) and I rather hope he's slowplaying a lower set.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks. I push for 1060, thinking a smaller bet will be more likely to represent the flush, in case he has a set and is afraid of it. He thinks for a long while and folds. I think he folded an ace, although it's not too probable he had the 4th ace. Maybe he was on JJ-KK.

What do you think of how this whole hand was played, and especially about my river move? Should I have checked it behind? or bet smaller, trying to induce a re-raise bluff?
Old 03-24-2004, 12:25 PM

I may not have been paying attention if this was said, but is the leaderboard going to somehow reflect who plays in both, and penalize those who don't?

If it has been decided on, I don't want to fight to change anything, cuz it seems like it took you guys a while to decide upon everything. Can someone explain what the ruling is?

BTW, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread
Old 03-24-2004, 01:05 PM

heyrocker

[ QUOTE ]
PokerJon was to my right, and he was CONSTANTLY throwing steal bets at me when I was in the blinds. It was driving me crazy but I just kept getting the most outrageous garbage in the blinds that there was no way I could even think about making a move.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of hands I was raising on were good hands HU. I think towards the end when i was raising all in, I prob had any PP, or any A. I wasn't stealing that often as I had the chip mountains, moby and helmet behind me!!!

Was a good battle though!

Cheers

Jon
Old 03-24-2004, 01:06 PM

Aleo is organising two sets of rankings - one titled Euro Rankings for the Tuesday game, the other North American Rankings for the Wed/Thurs game.

Therefore you will not be penalised if you only play Tuesdays game for instance. It must also be noted that the names of the rankings only relate to the time the games are put on, not eligibility. Euro players can qualify for the N.American Rankings and vice versa.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Simon
Old 03-24-2004, 01:16 PM

so essentialy there will be two leaderboards? or will it be reflected in one board.
Thanks Simon!!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:57 PM

Two leaderboards. Aleo will post them here - I will make a webpage later this week after the N.American game has been played.

Simon
Old 03-24-2004, 02:24 PM

cool thanks Simon

are we going to try to do a "tourney of Champions"?
Top 5 from each board in one SnG ?
Old 03-24-2004, 03:24 PM

Sounds good, but it would have to be top 4 from euro top 4 from N. America and a HU battle for the ninth spot. I think we should give it about a month a decent set of results before we try this though. Perhaps a monthly battle would be a good idea?