Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Hilger Hand Example (9h3h)

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 (one half) blind structure simply means that the SB is one half of the BB. In 3/6 the blinds are $1 and $3 normally so it's a 1/3 structure. In 15/30 the blinds are normally $10 and $15 so it's a 2/3 structure. 5/10 is a 2/5 structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, if that doesn't let you know how much limit I've played, then nothing will. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
9-high not overly coordinated board...only 3 opponents and small pot...I think it's a definite bet. The limit doesn't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I get the point. The correct thought process is to bet here. Back to my primary question. How many players in a hand do I need to worry about reverse implied odds? Perhaps, this is a bad question, as the board is so uncoordinated. If that's so, feel free to say so.

Also, regarding folding preflop. How bad does a hand have to be to fold getting 7:1 odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess im wrong on this one. i guess readless you have to bet here. does hilger give an analysis of the hand?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet. I can't count on anyone to bet so I can checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

...yup...
Old 10-06-2005, 09:25 AM

My analysis in the book was brief and echoed most of the responses in this thread. Basically I say that you probably have the best hand and checking is risky since your opponents might take a free card and there are a lot of overcards which can hurt you.

I compared this hand to a previous hand where we flopped a pair of Kings from the small blind and I recommended this as a good time to checkraise. Even though everyone might take a free card I am not as concerned since there is only one overcard that can hurt me and the pot is small. In the 93 example, check-raising is much more risky since there are so many overcards which can hurt.

If we were against 5 or more opponents, I would say that you would have to check and see what happens behind you since your hand isn't very strong.

Matthew
Old 10-06-2005, 01:28 PM

I always bet here in a 4 bet pot but it's probably close between that and checkraising. The more difficult question is what to do when you bet and someone raises. Let's say it ends up heads up with the person who limped first in utg+1 and is now next to last to act.