Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Taking blinds

When I’m at my best people fold suspiciously. When I’m at my worst people play back with everything, or fold everything.

People cross over from being suspicious to being non-believers when they feel violated. They feel like you don’t respect them, or that little blind in front of them. You need to take their blind, but take it honestly. Well, they need to think you’re honest, or close enough. Even the hardest rock can sometimes creep out of its shell when you play with his balls.

There are of course, times to ravage blinds, but when that time comes you need to do it so fast they don’t quite realize your violating them. And the second they realize what’s going on, you sure as hell better hit the deck or be prepared to fold, or back off. I play herky-jerky sometimes, but that’s because I’m not very good. I put the pedal down to fast, and slam on the breaks too hard and at the wrong times. But its ok, I'm just 20 and I grew up in NYC where you don't need a driverse license.

The best, in my humble opinion, smoothly creep about in the realm of keeping all their opponents ever slightly suspicious. They might be able to pick bet amounts that look more threatening (this does not mean bigger or smaller) to induce action when they want it, and also to raise amounts that look friendly when the want folds. They might also use charisma and charm at the table towards this mean.

It helps to just be that nice guy. Take off your Partypoker visor before you sit!

-Jason