Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Online Poker - Almost Certainly Rigged

I sort of suspected that many of the participants in this forum were kool-aid drinking cult followers incapable of a lot of independent thought, but I thought the high volume of absolute brain power might overcome the brainwashing and naivety of youth to at least consider what I am suggesting because a business incentive DOES EXIST.

I am not another crackpot pissed off because he had a bad session. I am taking a lot of money out of these games because of bonuses. I am simply being dealt cards that defy normal statistical distributions in games that are not regulated or audited by truly independent parties. Furthermore, it would not shock me if some of these sites have ties to at least some unsavory characters.

I got past the level of naivety exhibited on this board a few weeks after I walked into my first card game. There's a lot of expensive maturing yet to occur here. I can see that much. I'll be happy to drop it because you all are obviously not ready to have a serious discussion, but I am willing to guarantee that within several years when the poker boom dies down a little or congress gets involved there's going to be all kinds of disclosures about cheating, corruption, rigged games and other site manipulation.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If PP decided to go ahead and rig the games in favor of certian high-quality customers, the software required to execute this goal would be so incredibly complex that the entire site would bog down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention all the therapy required by the software after it had to choose which of it's "friends" it liked best.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sort of suspected that many of the participants in this forum were kool-aid drinking cult followers incapable of a lot of independent thought, but I thought the high volume of absolute brain power might overcome the brainwashing and naivety of youth to at least consider what I am suggesting because a business incentive DOES EXIST.

I am not another crackpot pissed off because he had a bad session. I am taking a lot of money out of these games because of bonuses. I am simply being dealt cards that defy normal statistical distributions in games that are not regulated or audited by truly independent parties. Furthermore, it would not shock me if some of these sites have ties to at least some unsavory characters.

I got past the level of naivety exhibited on this board a few weeks after I walked into my first card game. There's a lot of expensive maturing yet to occur here. I can see that much. I'll be happy to drop it because you all are obviously not ready to have a serious discussion, but I am willing to guarantee that within several years when the poker boom dies down a little or congress gets involved there's going to be all kinds of disclosures about cheating, corruption, rigged games and other site manipulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've reduced yourself to the level you are deriding.

I will no longer give you any more thoughtful responses on this matter, as my efforts to engage you in debate would clearly be in vain.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:30 PM

Grunch beat me HU for like 36BB yesterday, I'm totally with you mojo .. I'm like invincible HU and I lost man the site has be rigged [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 03:30 PM

give me hand histories dammit. you've nearly got me convinced.

edit to add - congress isn't going to get involved.
also, if they rig it in favor of the higher rake contributors, wouldn't it follow that new accounts would go bust almost constantly, since their contributed rake would be so low?

and also, with no hand histories, I'd say it's more likely than anything that your memory is skewed. We remember getting bad beats but forget dishing them.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:31 PM

1. Don't be such a pompous ass and assume I can cannot count outs. I can assure you I was facing 1 opponent with the number outs I identified.

2. I mentioned no specific sites, but I did mention a business incentive for mild rigging.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:33 PM

Did you happen to read some of childing responses I got!
Old 05-16-2005, 03:36 PM

Look dude. There are 52! ways to shuffle a deck of cards (this is about 8*10^67 different ways to mix up a deck) and what Party does is take a % of those possible shuffles and inputs them into a random # generator. So if Party uses 96-bit technology, that means that they will generate 2^96 different shuffles (8*10^28). This isn't perfect, but it is pretty damn good at making the game fair.

So the cards are predetermined even before the hand begins. Based on a number of factors (hand #, system clokck, etc) a random hand is chosen and delt. The shuffle does not change mid hand to stack the odds in someones favor. So if I have AA on a 862 flop and Johnny has KK, PP can't tweak the deck mid hand to get a king to fall on the turn.

Brad
Old 05-16-2005, 03:37 PM

Somebody end this thread. Please! My entertainment is over with as he continues to ramble...I think I am actually a "valued customer", because all I do is make money, sorry the sites don't like you.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess it doesn't matter much that I am presenting a bordeline statistical impossibility combined with a business incentive based on the childish responses of naive youth I've gotten so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is impossible, dude. Women might someday stop running out of the room, screaming, when you come in...it's improbable, but not impossible.

As for business incentive, I've seen this used as backup for why Dow Chemical wanted a lot of people to die in India, and how the Bush administration was behind the WTC attacks, and my response is the same: put down the pipe, it's making you stoooopid.