Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: I will bet you $1000 that...........

A court appearance is not a trial. A trial is where there is a jury. But read the conditions of my bet. Look up the word "either". Evidently English is not your first language.

I will bet up to $1000 total in the conditions I specified. Do you want to take the bet genius?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evidently English is not your first language

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, if your defense is to insult a person's usage of the English language then I would advise leaving out lines like

[ QUOTE ]
Bet read the conditions of my bet. Look up the word either

[/ QUOTE ]

sorta makes you look ignorant -

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 PM

Reread my post.
Making comments of typos makes you look petty.
Please allow me 60 seconds to correct a typo before making you assinine comments...
Old 10-20-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: I Have Officially Become 100% Disillusioned with Bush43

[ QUOTE ]
As for Rove/Libby. I doubt they will be indicted on anything. And I stand by that prediction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this article from Friday's NYTimes before getting your hopes too high...I found it from Drudge Report.

<font color="green"> Cover-Up Issue Is Seen as Focus in Leak Inquiry

By DAVID JOHNSTON
Published: October 21, 2005

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 - As he weighs whether to bring criminal charges in the C.I.A. leak case, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special counsel, is focusing on whether Karl Rove, the senior White House adviser, and I. Lewis Libby Jr., chief of staff for Vice President Dick Cheney, sought to conceal their actions and mislead prosecutors, lawyers involved in the case said Thursday.

Among the charges that Mr. Fitzgerald is considering are perjury, obstruction of justice and false statement - counts that suggest the prosecutor may believe the evidence presented in a 22-month grand jury inquiry shows that the two White House aides sought to cover up their actions, the lawyers said.

Mr. Rove and Mr. Libby have been advised that they may be in serious legal jeopardy, the lawyers said, but only this week has Mr. Fitzgerald begun to narrow the possible charges. The prosecutor has said he will not make up his mind about any charges until next week, government officials say.

With the term of the grand jury expiring in one week, though, some lawyers in the case said they were persuaded that Mr. Fitzgerald had all but made up his mind to seek indictments. </font>

link to full article
Old 10-20-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-positioning yourself for when the next round of indictments hits, Felix?

No dice.

You bought it, you own it.

Take some fxcking responsibility.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, sir.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush panders to the left-wing too much

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think Bush panders to the left-wing? The only thing I can think you might mention would be No Child Left Behind, except most liberals really don't like that, but at least he was trying to pander to the left by embracing Teddy Kennedy.

I don't think Bush panders to us on the left at all, much less too much. I'd probably like him a lot more than I do if he pandered a little. That is really an extraordinarily poorly informed statement. I think you believe it, but I hope if you think about it for a little while you'll see that it bears absolutely zero connection to reality.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A court appearance is not a trial. A trial is where there is a jury. But read the conditions of my bet. Look up the word "either". Evidently English is not your first language.

I will bet up to $1000 total in the conditions I specified. Do you want to take the bet genius?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a bet on Rove/Libby. No indictments you win $1k. Two indictments I win $1k. One indictment the bet is off. The indictments must be for crimes related to Plame-gate as defined by Patrick Fitzgerald or some other prosecutor and the horizon is whenever the statute of limitations runs out for such crimes.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I Have Officially Become 100% Disillusioned with Bush43

I’m a republican/libertarian that voted for Bush43 over Gore and Kerry. Bush43 has done good things for the country but he has done a lot of things which hurt the country.

The Harriet Miers nomination is the straw that broke the camel’s back. BUSH43 IS AN EGOTISTICAL JACKASS PLAYING SANTA CLAUS WITH THE TAX PAYER’s MONEY and he has not lived up to the CONSERVATIVE portion of his so called “compassionate conservative” philosophy.

My Beefs:
*The Farm Bill.
*The Education Bill.
*The Highway Bill.
*Hurricane Katrina give away.
*Prescription Drug Bill.
*Terrible foreign policy towards Russia. Bush has driven Russia into Sino-Russian alliance against the USA.
*Failure to use his veto pen ONCE to curb spending.
*Failure to veto campaign finance reform which restricts political speech 60 days before an election. Bush knowingly violated his oath to uphold the constitution because he acknowledged this bill violated the 1st amendment but signed the bill anyway thinking those nine drooling idiots on the supreme court would overturn it.
*Harriet Miers. Bush thinks he is pandering his base by appointing someone who will overturn Roe v Wade. But she is a terribly weak choice. Like Robert Bork, I don’t want someone who will overturn Roe v Wade because it is immoral/violates her religious views. I want someone who will overturn it because it is bad ruling.
*Illegal Immigration.
*His coddling of some VERY despicable democrat tactics while chastising some of his political allies (e.g. when republicans saying they did not want Roberto Gonzales to be appointed to the supreme court).
*Colin Powell. The US State Department is a piece-of-[censored] and Powell fought to let the State Dept keep the visa program despite the infamous “Visa Express” program which let in numerous terrorists into the USA including 2 of the 19, September 11 hijackers. The last decent head of the State Dept we had was George Schultz. Ironically George Schultz was one of the more popular heads of this dept DESPITE being a Ronald Reagan republican and the majority of the dept opposing Reagan’s foreign policy.

Semi Beefs
*The handling of postwar Iraq (unwillingness to instill martial law to address the lawlessness).
*Failure to address Iran/Syria’s military/financial aid to terrorists in Iraq.
*North Korea.
*Department of homeland security. I’m not a big fan of creating another government department. I’d love to see the education and energy department get eliminated.
*The big money giveaway to Africa to fight AIDS. I think a lot of this money will be sucked into Swiss bank accounts and also I don’t think it is wise to spend this money when the USA has a budget deficit.

Good things.
*Invading Afghanistan.
*Invading Iraq.
*Moving Afghanistan towards an elected government.
*Moving Iraq towards an elected government.
*John Roberts (I hope). I was very impressed that way he handled himself in front of the senate.
*Most of his judicial appointments.

I can’t stand Bush anymore. I can’t wait until his term is over. While I’m at it. I’m sick of his lap-dog, Tom DeLay. He man-handled all these spending bills through congress instead of being a ‘Newt Gingrich’ to control spending. In hindsight I STILL think Gore and Kerry would have been WORSE…….MUCH, MUCH WORSE. But perhaps the Jimmy Carter syndrome would have occurred where the voters rebel and a REAL conservative could have been elected. The only problem was these idiots would have packed the supreme court with more ‘Ruth Bader-Ginsbergs’. Then the country would have been [censored] for the next 20 years.

My rant is over. This is my official Bush43 sucks post. Don’t crow democrats because while I am sick of Bush43, he is better than the best democrat leader you have. I still think the democrats are morally and ethically bankrupt. E.g. Ronnie Earle’s unsavory tactics epitomize the lack of ethics the democrats have.

GEORGE ALLEN in 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Felix, I have been mulling over making the exact same kind of post, but you said it much better than I would have.

I would add that I am disappointed that Bush (and Rep.'s in the House and Senate) didn't push the Social Security Issue.

As for Allen in '08, I will have to wait and see. I would love to see a Guliani/Rice combination. If Hillary is the Dem.'s appointment, then I will be voting for the Rep. candidate regardless of who it is.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:39 PM

Hi Jedster,

Yes, I think Bush has panderd to the Left quite considerably during his terms thus far...but he's learning from his mistakes, as he has from other mistakes during his term.

Specifically, let's list some of the things Felix mentioned:

"*The Farm Bill.
*The Education Bill.
*The Highway Bill.
*Hurricane Katrina give away.
*Prescription Drug Bill.

*Failure to use his veto pen ONCE to curb spending.
*Failure to veto campaign finance reform which restricts political speech 60 days before an election.
"

Also, Bush has been extremely accomodating towards illegal immigration, although that may soon be changing under Chertoff.

Additionally, the tax cuts Bush instituted, although much decried by Democrats, were actually very small cuts indeed. I strongly suspect that if he had not had some appeasement in mind towards the Left, those tax cuts would have been considerably more substantial. However, I could be wrong on that.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you were so right these last two times that I have no choice but to respect your opinion.