Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Dan Harrington\'s \'Net Rich Guy Profile

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Paul Phillips may not typically show his bluffs, but there's not much doubt he enjoys showing off his intellect.

It's a common failing of people who feel little more than contempt for people who don't have a high IQ. It's so desperately important to them that everyone understand they are not one of "those" people that they end-up devoting nearly every waking moment to proving it. It's a waste of time and energy.

It's also not at all surprising that a man like Dan Harrington recognizes Paul Phillips for what he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the world's foremost Paul Phillips expert, but I have never read, heard, or seen anything remotely resembling what you describe.

If you want your post to be taken as anything more than an out-and-out smear, you'll have to provide some evidence of your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed, that is just a dick post.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not the world's foremost Paul Phillips expert, but I have never read, heard, or seen anything remotely resembling what you describe.

If you want your post to be taken as anything more than an out-and-out smear, you'll have to provide some evidence of your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever read his blog? I like Paul Phillips but he definitely likes to show off his "smarts". I doubt Harrington was referring to Phillips specifically but I bet he is one of the people that Harrington puts in this category.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:15 AM

Nice. You go from shilling for the WPT to playing dumb about Paul Phillips.

If you've read his blog and don't agree with my characterization, feel free to say so. But your demand for evidence is almost a silly as your nearly verbatim parroting of the WPT's excuse for not putting any money into prize pools.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:22 PM

Jordan, what you need to realize is that it's a common failing of people with low IQs to feel that everything which makes them look stupid (a large category of things, obviously) can be sourced to a desire on the part of the speaker to make himself look smarter at the expense of the stupid person.

Sometimes it's entertainment value, other times it's tilt-inducing, still other times it's purely secondary to an entirely unrelated purpose (for example, when the waitress hands him a check, she is probably not trying to make him feel stupid just because he needs to pull out a tip calculator to work it out)... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's also not at all surprising that a man like Dan Harrington recognizes Paul Phillips for what he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will print this out for dan, who I promise will love it. Now go choke on a bucket of cocks.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:46 AM

Harrington is talking about me, we were playing a high stakes game and it was head's up, me and action dan...he bet into me, i raised him, he reraised me...i look at him, and announce "i'm all in." action dan asked for time....he looks me up and then folds in disgust. i do the magician wave, the fischman fall on the table, and the gus hansen flex...i don't think he appreciated the celebration as i collected my chips and said "thx for your money dan" and left.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:57 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I will print this out for dan, who I promise will love it. Now go choke on a bucket of cocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A cock in the hand is worth two in the bucket.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This choice of words isn't going to help prevent future occurrences of random people coming up to you, trying to convince you to stop putting on the heterosexual "act"...
Old 06-24-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I suppose this solves the mystery posed at the beginning of the thread. Good to see you're still Kibozing yourself.