Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Have you ever folded KK preflop?

I almost laid down KK once in an MTT when UTG limped, I raised, LP re-raised, and the UTG pushed. EP limp-pushing is usually KK and AA. I almost folded - but I called anyway, he showed AA and I lost.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:28 PM

Old 08-10-2005, 03:13 AM

yeah, i folded kings once online in one of the party million guaranteed tourneys. it was a terrible fold. so i got kings a little later and proceeded to lose to the same guy to whom i folded before. he had aces. then in the 2K NLHE at the WSOP i got kings was reraised and wanted to fold so bad but against my better judgement went all in and was beaten. he had aces. so the moral of the story is just fold them. they suck. oh, and as i was typing this my kings were beaten by dueces all-in preflop. not a bad beat post. just a warning to fold them every time. they can't win.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my first posts on 2+2 was about how I folded KK PF in a home tournament.

It was in the first round of the tournament, 1-2 blinds, and I opened to 10 in early position. Had like 2 cold-callers, and then another guy goes all-in. Folded back to me, and I took like 3 minutes before finally folding. I convinced myself that this guy was a "good player" and would only make that move with AA.

Plus, I really didn't want to be the first one knocked out.

So he gets some girl to call him, and they turn the cards over. Her, AQs, him....QQ. I was pissed until the case Queen fell on the river. Then I was convinced I made a great lucky laydown. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I got flamed mercilessly when I posted this in the MTT forum. I still laugh thinking about that, what a n00b. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA, awsome.

colson10
Old 08-10-2005, 07:48 AM

i had a $100 entry chip for a tourney, 1st place was an entry into some big tourney (Aruba maybe?) and i was busy so i got my bro-in-law to play it

he had KK, some one opened, he raised, it got raised all in behind him, opener called, so he folded

AK beat AQ with high card ace, he was forced all in preflop later with 77

i make fun of him for folding that KK at least once a week and will continue to do so
Old 08-10-2005, 08:43 AM

I cant believe that people here can be that much against folding Kings preflop. I have folded Kings preflop on 2 occasions, correctly both times.

Its not impossible. I was playing .50/1 NL on Party and me and Villian had $200 both from solid play and he was a very solid player i raised in EP to $4 button made it $12, SB called and BB solid player with 200BBs PUSHED (button and SB had under $60 or so chips). and he showed AA vs. Buttons QQ.

The other time was in a satalite where i was all but guarenteed a seat in the $215 Sunday tourney for 500 FPPs and 2 people were all in ahead of me on the bubble.

Sure i have run into AA with KK plenty of times but with a read or situation its not that difficult to fold KK preflop IMO.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 10:07 AM

Twice in NL cash games, I was right both times, booyah