Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s exit

I am pretty sure if Greg were in the situation as described, and had limped with the 54s, he would not advise calling the reraise here.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:53 PM

A joke? People on this forum have continuously made personal attacks against me and you think it's funny to continue doing it. Why my name needs to be brought up in this thread is beyond me and I didn't take it as a "funny". So if it was a joke, o.k. but in the future please use someone else for your jokes. that's all I ask.

Vince
Old 04-22-2005, 05:55 PM

All he's doing by calling there is turning any weak fantasy campers in the hand into pros. We don't know what stacks the other guys had, but we know Negreanu's is not deep enough. How many players do you think are going to limp call that big a raise and then fold top pair to a pot sized all in? Negreanu's own description of the player in latest position suggests there is no way he is going to fold to just Negreanu's bet if he likes the flop.

Most of the time Negreanu is going to be folding on the flop. The flop he got was one of the best he could hope for (not knowing anyone else's cards) - pushing on the flop there is automatic if you're going to go that far in the first place.

But that's my point. He's throwing away whatever advantage he has against the table to gamble with the worst of it. He put in too many chips with a weak hand out of position with not very good implied odds, and lousy fold equity those times when he gets a good enough flop to push.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I even had you ignored

[/ QUOTE ]

That option is still available. Believe me i could care less.

Vince
Old 04-22-2005, 06:05 PM

this is a new account...you have the old account on ignore.

just an observation.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:09 PM

Feel free to use me as the but(t) of any jokes. I'm glad that Vince is back (he makes some helpful contributions to these forums--and some useless ones, but don't we all?).

I don't agree with Daniel's pre-flop play here. Open limps UTG with 54suited? Then he calls a raise of 1/6 his stack out of position? Ewww. I know he can outplay many people post-flop but that becomes harder without postition and without a large enough stack. Bad timing for this...
Old 04-23-2005, 02:49 AM

I think you are either taking yourself or this forum way too seriously. I guess calling it a joke was not correct as I was merely poking fun at the notion of people caring who you are/are not. If you can't take that sort of stuff with a grain of salt then I am not sure what else to say. I guess you could put the entire forum on ignore. Not sure how that works.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:56 AM

This is how super aggressive players play.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:09 AM

What is your problem? Is it too much to ask to just don't use my name or me to poke fun at. I do not need you or anyone else to tell me how seriously to take this forum or anything else for that matter. I did not ask for your opinion. I asked that you not use me as the brunt of your jokes. Why is that so hard to understand and accept?

Vince
Old 04-23-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your problem? Is it too much to ask to just don't use my name or me to poke fun at. I do not need you or anyone else to tell me how seriously to take this forum or anything else for that matter. I did not ask for your opinion. I asked that you not use me as the brunt of your jokes. Why is that so hard to understand and accept?

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince,

For someone who's been posting on internet forums as long as you have, you're pretty clueless. You know it's absurd to ask people to not joke on an internet forum. Debates like this contribute nothing to the forum and are a waste of everyone's time--including your own.

-adam