Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Lou Krieger\'s non-sense cardplayer artical.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why he thinks online games are looser than games live. 3-6 to 6-12 live holdem is MUCH looser than games of the same limits online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Krieger is a well respected poker figure, but this particular article he has written is very untrue. I've often found that the 15/30 games to be one of the loosest online which contradicts Mr. Krieger's belief. But that's maybe because Mr. Krieger has never treaded into mid stakes limit games online on Party.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Lou Krieger\'s non-sense cardplayer artical.

[ QUOTE ]
How about this little gem of a quote from Shykofsky's article in Card Player this month:

"Recommendation: Muck. It's tempting to play for the swollen pot, but in truth, it is more like gambling than solid poker. What could those four opponents be holding? By the same token, you might call if you've been running real good and try to ride your rush."

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it. Keep feeding the general population bs like this. It makes the games better.

The article by lou krieger is laughable. I honestly don't get how somebody could be so clueless that's a supposed poker authority...

More like poker flop.

Either way, cardplayer is a good source of "makes me feel like I know more about poker than you so I can beet you"...and hey, I can't complain about that.