[/ QUOTE ]

rebuked for kindness
Old 09-22-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: You figured incorrectly

Kindness don't pay my rent, baby.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: You\'re kidding, right?

[ QUOTE ]
It seemed to me Mookie decided Tampa Bay is a great team based on 2 somewhat impressive victories where they barely made a single mistake (sample of 2 games being unrepresentative of their true mistake/turnover rate), and that Green Bay is utterly incapable of putting up a fight against TB based on their 2 performances. So maybe I didn't state the point clearly enough, or alternately, understand Mookie clearly enough: I hear too often in NFL game picking that X play was a good one despite unforeseen events occuring (those I mentioned -- own field turnovers etc.) that are in fact totally foreseeable and occur constantly in NFL games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say TB was a great team. I just think they are a better team than GB. GB has already lost to a horrible Detroit team that just got beat by the Bears. GBs D also let Cle score at will and made Dilfer look like a solid QB. So not only can their defense not stop the ball (esp. the run), they are facing a tough TB defense. Much tougher than the Cleveland D they struggled to score on last week. I know TB has struggled at Lambeau in the past, but weather should not be a problem. Also, TB is 3-1 ATS vs. GB the last 4 years. Sorry if I offended you, I just think TB is a solid pick in this case.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:25 PM

lol no not offended at all. However, I stand by my warning. You're basing your analysis of GB on 2 games while crediting TB's 3-1 ATS record in the last 4 against GB as having indicative betting value.

In fact I also think TB is a decent pick, but the "No way TB doesn't cover the spread" stuff based on 2 games is myopic and not wise in the LR.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:23 PM

Well, all the analysis I am using is based, at least partially, on the last 2 weeks. And of course you cant say "no way team X doesnt cover the spread", this is the NFL. Anything can happen. I didnt get the Ticket until week 2, so I didnt see GBs 1st loss, but I did see the poor showing against Cle. I guess we'll see on Sunday. GL this weekend.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:33 PM

Same to you Mookie. Just trying to change your thinking a bit.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:17 AM

Much obliged.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If Mookie has accounted for "unforeseen" but totally foreseeable events like Griese's predilection for fumbling, special teams play and own field turnovers, then I take back what I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

These words were ringing in my ear as a late Griese pick sunk my TB wager... You nailed that one sygamel.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:41 PM

I nailed the analysis yet...I took TB -3.5 1 unit. Ah well. I never feel comfortable betting faves and this game was no different.