Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Paradise Million Strategy?

[ QUOTE ]
But enjoy your 10k, I guess. If you had actually entered a tournament with a real structure you'd be making a ton more on average

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
By not understanding averages , laziness, lack of foresight and downright stupidity, you are basically the essential twoplustwo posterchild.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-02-2005, 03:02 PM

Disagree. If you're playing for 1st you have to take risks and build chips. Accept 10th, gamble for 1st.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:54 PM

Ha ha, when your done with my foot massage you can start on a pedicure funny boy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 million for 1st and 10k for 2nd-9th.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately tournament rules say even suggesting a chop is grounds to dq the player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time don't play in a tournament with an absolutely retarded structure and rules like this.

But enjoy your 10k, I guess. If you had actually entered a tournament with a real structure you'd be making a ton more on average, but hey YOU COULD WIN A MILLION!!!!!!!!!111111111111

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair - where would you suggest this guy find a freeroll with a better structure than giving 9 players $10k and one player $1 million?
Old 09-02-2005, 05:36 PM

I don't have advice on play, but from general observations:

Don't try to do antyhing clever or witty if you aren't a clever or witty person...you don't want to be the next Dan Druff.

Learn how to not care what other people say about you cause if you pull a tuan lee or danny nguyen you might want to be MIA in forums for a while.

Make sure your wife is hot, cause if they show her on TV and she's not RGP will definately let you know and so will Dutch Boyd, especially if she has saggy tits. If she isn't hot, you might want to hire a stand in.

If you have one of the worlds best players at the table, pleeeeaaaaaze don't say antying stupid like "I have a couple tricks up my sleave, or "i know how to play him". No you don't.

Might want to avoid stupid table talk all together...there isn't anything more douchey then some unknown trying to get a tell from phil ivey by asking "so phil do you want me to call?".

Also, the big Dan Druff conspiracy: Watch what you say in the interviews cause it can/will be chopped up to be taken out of context and make you look stupid, however, there are hundreds of people that avoided that but that's Dan's story and he's sticking to it.

And one thing I took from all the WSOP commentary, don't play like you're just "happy to be there". People that have a chance at a big payday are so pumped with just being there, it doesn't hit them until months later how they blew a chance at a big payday and major title.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where do I find a 2+2 shirt or cap?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, the perfect person to represent twoplustwo.

You've made five posts, obviously because you are looking for quick answers to solve your problems without doing any homework for yourself. For some reason you decided to enter a tournament with an absolutely insane structure, and you ask questions like "how should the cameras affect my play?"

Between laziness, lack of foresight and downright stupidity, you are basically the essential twoplustwo posterchild.

Call David and maybe he can root you on personally from the audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupidest response ever. I'd rather see 5 posts from someone than 2624 where even 1 is this moronic.

You had 5 posts too once. Get off your high horse.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Learn how to not care what other people say about you cause if you pull a tuan lee or danny nguyen you might want to be MIA in forums for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the ignorance, but can you explain or link me to something that explains this story?
Old 09-02-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the ignorance, but can you explain or link me to something that explains this story?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically means if you play bad but suck out a lot and win, people in forums are going to be giving you complete hell. They'll do it even if you win with good play but not nearly as much.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:08 PM

Also keep in mind, if you win or two wsop bracelets, you are a good player.

If you win 9 you suck.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 million for 1st and 10k for 2nd-9th.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately tournament rules say even suggesting a chop is grounds to dq the player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time don't play in a tournament with an absolutely retarded structure and rules like this.

But enjoy your 10k, I guess. If you had actually entered a tournament with a real structure you'd be making a ton more on average, but hey YOU COULD WIN A MILLION!!!!!!!!!111111111111

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair - where would you suggest this guy find a freeroll with a better structure than giving 9 players $10k and one player $1 million?

[/ QUOTE ]doesnt matter if its a freeroll its a horrible structure, and like others have said if i got 2nd because of a bad beat i would kill myself