Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Favorite Board Game

if you like settlers of catthan the maker has another game called domain or dominion or something like that that is a pretty fun game
Old 06-09-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With the right players, Twister is clearly the best answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it qualifies as a "board" game though.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we combined twister and Pass out with keyra augustina then we could have some real fun.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With the right players, Twister is clearly the best answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it qualifies as a "board" game though.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we combined twister and Pass out with keyra augustina then we could have some real fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the board.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was done about a month ago. ONE STAR!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I actually searched the past two months of OOT for "board game", "board games", "boardgame", +board +game, and found nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go
Old 06-09-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A&A tops my list.

Then we have Settlers of Catan, Samurai Swords, Diplomacy, Trivial Pursuit.

Damn I wish my friends liked to play these games! I haven't played any of the above (aside from Trivial Pursuit) in more than 5 years!

Any Torontonians reading this thread wanna play A&A some time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played A&A alot, so that gets my vote for #1.
Funny thing I was looking at Samuri swords, and thinking is that anything like Shogun. Googled it and Shoguns name was changed to Samuri swords, that that gets my second vote.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:25 AM

I heard samuri swords wasn't great, definitly looking into getting my dad diplomacy for his b-day...

do you like A&A europe and pacific... I found them pretty fun but not like the original...

given your list I think you'd like Battlecry (maybe 2 words) it's a civil war era game

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they have a version that you can buy for your computer and play online... doesn't have the same feel as playing in person, but it's the same game
Old 06-09-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard samuri swords wasn't great, definitly looking into getting my dad diplomacy for his b-day...

do you like A&A europe and pacific... I found them pretty fun but not like the original...

given your list I think you'd like Battlecry (maybe 2 words) it's a civil war era game

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they have a version that you can buy for your computer and play online... doesn't have the same feel as playing in person, but it's the same game

[/ QUOTE ]

The original A&A is what I like to play. The versions that came out aren't as much fun. Samurai Swords (or as another poster mentioned, originally titled Shogun) is fun as well, but not as much fun as the others on the list. I used to play a lot in university, while still living in NY. The friend I played with went on to open a gaming company that now owns the rights to a bunch of card games (Shadowfist being the most popular I think) and also a few board games.
Here is one they created which looks like fun (alas, there is no one I know that wants to help me test it out).

I did play the A&A online version a while back, but I find it boring playing a turn based game online, where the game can take a long time to complete. I think they had rankings and such on that site as well - if this is the same thing you are talking about.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:40 AM

So are we actually implying that we're talking about the 2nd best board game of all time, since it goes without saying that the king of all board games is actually Chess?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:46 AM

Does anybody know of good trivia type games, particularly focusing on movies/tv? My friends will not play me in Trivial Pursuit, even if I play one against 4 or 5. They think I have memorized the cards (I have not). I need to be able to pull some new game out of shrink wrap in order to get a game going.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody know of good trivia type games, particularly focusing on movies/tv? My friends will not play me in Trivial Pursuit, even if I play one against 4 or 5. They think I have memorized the cards (I have not). I need to be able to pull some new game out of shrink wrap in order to get a game going.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once won a game of TP in 14 minutes. I was one fire! I still remember the answer to the final question was Dweezil Zappa. I have no idea how I knew that one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]