Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Early desicion...

Whether he was a donk or not, I don't think it should be intuitively clear to act so with a hand lesser than KK - bad players want coinflips vs good players, not vice versa. Considering the skill level of these tournaments, I am not confident I want coinflips vs these noobs.

And for the tournament success - I've played a lot of low limit MTTs, $1, $2, $3, $5, $10 etc. I won an entry from one of the $3 ones to weekly rounds and became second there (at ps, cashing about $100 total for my $3 investment). I've also cashed in 3/4 of my $5 tournies and both of my $10 tournies and although this samplesize is small as is the level of players (which is quite appropriate since we're only talking 500 FPP here), I don't think I could've performed so well if I had been rushing into coinflips such as this one.

Not all stack has to come from preflop all-ins. From your post it seems that without AA, you can't get a good stack - now well you don't have to go preflop with anything less, you can see good hands, maybe marginal hands and when you hit the flop, you can usually get your money in a lot better than a coinflip, often a lot better than 2:1 or 3:1.

I suppose call in this particular case could've been correct and probably was but I'm not so sure this should always be the case, nor should it be automatically assumed that a call here is correct...
Old 08-05-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Early desicion...

I don't see how this is a "super-mega-easy call" The likelyhood of AA, KK, or AK is too damn high. You have so little money in the pot, you would have to know that the player would do this with smaller pairs down to TT and more aces than AK for this to be an easy call.