Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Buddy willing to stake me 500... take it?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear more about the bonuswhoring [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I know what it means, but am not taking full advantage. Any suggestions, or links to posts about it, for another noob would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.bonuswhores.com/bonus-whoring-101.php

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;PHPSESSID=

There are others but you have plenty to get you started (if not overwhelmed)
Old 09-29-2005, 11:12 AM

Thanks again AJ. I also saw the noob info link in one of your other threads. I am off to act like a sponge!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:59 PM

i say take it. he obviously knows what he's risking whe he offers you that sum of money. now it's up to you that you're getting bankrolled 500 for free to make a profit (and pay him 25% for a while until you can give him his stake back after YOU have your own BR). Aside from that it's your idea of the risk, worse case you owe him 250. and if you're steady like you claim you can win that in a reasonable period of time. i'd definately take it. if you dont' tell him i will. i'll give him 30%.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Good Question

This is actually a good question. But there has to be more to this agreement then he gives you %500 and gets 50% back if you lose and 25% if you win. I mean is 25% of all your future winnings really only worth $500 today. What are the parameters and time constraints of the deal. One tourney? One night? One month? A year? Sounds like an excellent deal for you. But in order to do this deal, you NEED bankroll management which you admit you dont have. You have to keep track of net losses and net gains every night. You have set the cash aside manage and acount for it in order to give him his 25% or $250 back. That would be one dilima. The other question is how much is 25% of your winnings worth over any given time period. Is $500 the right number? If he gave you $1000 would he get to keep 50%? These are just things I would think about and I have know idea what the answer is.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Good Question

[ QUOTE ]
you NEED bankroll management which you admit you dont have.

[/ QUOTE ]

no i admitted it for him
Old 09-29-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: $500 BR

If you are going to play the NL $100 max at TS, your gonna need more than 5x the buy in.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Re: $500 BR

I was thinking of investing $50 of it into pokertracker, and then just bonuswhore the rest of it online until i get a decent roll, then maybe try the ts game