Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Guy tells me that he\'s going to call with any 2

I've said I would call with any two a few times and then called. But I have gotten ok hands (T9s etc) so I am not sure if I would do it if I got 32o. The one condition that has to be there is that he is a solid heavy multitabler that I am bound to run into plenty of times in the future and that I am reasonably sure he is pushing close to any two. Better to be known as someone who will spitecall than someone who gives up his blind too much IMO.

I might clarify that it wasn't me Splashpot ran into, since it probably is over a month since I last did it.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:36 AM

This is definitely +EV for him. This is basically equivalent to the $215ers who loosen up their calling ranges against regulars so they stop stealing their blinds.

It's pretty easy to use SnGPT to find out what hands to push (or ICM if you don't have it). If you don't have SnGPT and just want an answer, give stack sizes and somebody'll answer.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:30 PM

He's going to feel like an idoit when 53o gets dealt his way next hand. If it's a decent hand that would warrant a push anyway...do it. In other words, it shouldn't affect your pushing standards.

I've since turned my chat off for just this reason. Too many times I was seeing "It works every time but the last" and "somebody call this moron". It was affecting my game, so I did something about it.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too many times I was seeing "It works every time but the last"

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I saw this, I responded: "so they say". Later I called one of his (infrequent) all-ins and knocked him out. I said: "works every time but one." And, he went balistic.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:39 PM

It's a 22. Perfect for a spite push.

unless you are completely serious about the game.
I play for fun as well as profit. and wouldn't it be fun to drive to guy nuts?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a 22. Perfect for a spite push.

unless you are completely serious about the game.
I play for fun as well as profit. and wouldn't it be fun to drive to guy nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing is more fun than making money along with +EV pushes
Old 12-11-2005, 03:51 PM

i played with this guy at a 22. he said he was calling with anytwo next hand but he also said he was on the leaderboard (i think he actually was). next hand i pushed T7o from SB on the bubble and he instacalled with 93o to bust me.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Those of you who are saying that this doesn't affect your range either have to argue that the guy's average calling range hasn't changed at all (There are certainly some players who tighten up here) or admit that they're not playing to maximize profits.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those of you who are saying that this doesn't affect your range either have to argue that the guy's average calling range hasn't changed at all (There are certainly some players who tighten up here) or admit that they're not playing to maximize profits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or that the guy's bluffing. Bluff-widening-call-range. Holy [censored], this guy just may be brilliant.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or that the guy's bluffing. Bluff-widening-call-range. Holy [censored], this guy just may be brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, he could be bluffing. And against me, it worked. I tightened up my range and he benefited from it.

But is he really banking on me being a knowledgable player? Being a player who knows that I should tighten up if he's calling with any 2? For all he knows, I could be any other moron.