Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2003, 05:16 PM

Default Re: New UB Bonus

From my past experience at UB,

1) You don't need to clear any existing bonus before doing something that will get you another bonus.

2) You can withdraw (some) money even with a pending deposit bonus and the bonus won't go away.

3) I got a 50% deposit bonus ($50 on $100) and a 20% reload bonus ($100 on $500) in my first month on the site. I've been there for about two months. I think they have reload bonuses about once every four weeks, but they only run for a few days. Take advantage when you can.

4) You get about 1 point for each $1 of rake that the table generates, and 10c of bonus added for each 1 point. In a ten-handed game, you will be contributing about 10% of the rake, hence the bonus is effectively free-rake. Most games on UB that I've played give about 25-30% of 1BB as UltimatePoints per hand. Hence, to get the $100 max bonus here, you will have to play 1000 hands at 2-4. At 60 hands/hour, this will take 16-17 hours. At two tables, about 8 hours.

-Cosimo
Old 08-30-2003, 01:25 AM

In a ten-handed game, you will be contributing about 10% of the rake.

You shouldn't be. You really shouldn't. I don't want to quibble over a couple or few % (even though it can eventually mean thousands of dollars) but 10% for a good player (read: 2+2'er) is just WRONG.

I've got stats for people in my (admittedly limited) Database that have contributed three times as much rake as me over the same number of hands. I'd figure it should be possible to play with people who are paying double your rake regularly.

Really if you're contributing 10% to the rake you oughta "tighten the hell up". Or you're in really bad games.

I don't want to plug a figure out of the air with no data to back me up, but I'm going to do it anyway.
6 maybe 7% in goodish games?
Old 08-30-2003, 01:04 PM

I don't know if this answers your question about withdrawing and redepositing but here's my situation.

I deposited $x during a previous UB deposit bonus period and proceeded to clear all but $30 of it. Before I finished clearing it however I withdrew all my funds from UB except the amount under $1. A few days ago I deposited $200 to get the $100 bonus. My bonus account after that shows $130. I've now cleared about $40 of that and my bonus account shows $90. Unfortunately some %^*$ suckouts in the $3/6 game there have taken all that and then some. I mean how often do you flop top set and lose to runner runner quads??? That's the kind of stuff that is only supposed to happen at stars isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]