Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 12:33 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Movies OTT Nerds Overrate....

go away
Old 05-11-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
typo. duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You accidently hit the wrong keys 3 times in the same post?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was masturbating and eight tabling 5/10 NL while i posted this....

[/ QUOTE ]

You just went WAAYYY up in my estimation. This is awesome.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Office Space

I liked it alot when I was 13 or 14 years old. Its still a decent flick to pop in for some background sound while playing poker. It does get old after awhile. OTT nerds will use the following quote way too often: "federal pound me in the ass prison". Its too cliche now. Any thread referencing prison will get polluted with OTT nerds posting it. They overlook the best quote in that movie: "i am not lazy, i just dont care".

they also think the "O Face" joke was a riot. it wasnt.

To OS's credit, its soundtrack is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Office Space is plenty good. More than good. If you've seen it to death, of course it will get old. I love it because for me it's practically a documentary, and it says things other movies never care to or dare to. It's great to see a movie that's actually about life, and where people actually have jobs that interfere with their ability to do all the cool things people of any income level always have the time and money to do in every t.v. show and movie. It always struck me as bizarre that work was never a subject our culture has managed to acknowledge and address in our movies. What a bizarre disconnect. Plus, it's funny.

My nomination for overrated OOT favorite is The Big Lebowski. I'm a Coen brothers fan from way back in the Blood Simple days, which I saw when it first came out, and I was surprised how unimpressed I was, thought it did remind me how much I'd love to bang Tara Reid.

And American History X better be the second coming of Christ when I finally get it from Netflix, because man is it praised to the skies in OOT. It wasn't all that popular or well-regarded when it came out, so I'm seeing it mostly just to say I saw it, I guess. I find the way the entertainment industry handles race usually pretty uninteresting and dishonest, but I'll see, I guess.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the parts where they're in the office are great, but the whole second half of the movie where it develops into a "plot" is infinitely less interesting/funny. but the beginning is fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. It's not blow-away brilliant, but the start of it captures the crapness of 20-something office work perfectly, right down to the fear of touching metal because of the constant electric shocks.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:51 AM

I laugh everytime I watch The Big Lebowski and I have seen it at least 20 times.

PS: I still can't figure this out but it makes me crack up every time. When he's in the squad car and singing, what song is he singing and what does he shout at the end?
Old 05-11-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I laugh everytime I watch The Big Lebowski and I have seen it at least 20 times.

PS: I still can't figure this out but it makes me crack up every time. When he's in the squad car and singing, what song is he singing and what does he shout at the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't he singing the theme from "branded?"
Old 05-11-2005, 11:16 AM

lmao, yea, BRANDED!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:47 AM

You couldn't possibly have understood the movie at age 13 or 14. Once I read that, I didn't bother reading the rest of the post.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:41 PM

I agree. There's no way in hell a 13 or 14 year old knows anything about the feeling of work being a life sentence where you're supposed to pretend you're one of the guards and not a prisoner.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:47 PM

I can personally make one Office Space reference a day in my office. I got a talking to this morning because my Status report was not being put in the right place on our shared drive. We also have auditors in the office right now, however one of them is smokin so I hope I get to meet with her.
After find OOT I would say I do about 15 minutes of real work in any given day.