Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: hey voltron

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i wasnt quite sure about giambi, its a little hard to know what to make of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm cheating douche bag?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please get over it.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
give it a rest man. that quote does kind of apply to what I think about him being an ex steroid user, I really didnt want to cheer for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we really sure about this?

[ QUOTE ]
but he admitted what he did, took the blame and didnt complain, and went to work. that i can respect.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, he hasn't done any of this. Saying sorry but not what you're sorry for doesn't constitute an admission let alone an acceptance of blame or responsibility.

[ QUOTE ]
so many other guys have used steroids (probably a bunch on the red sox and a bunch on every team, for that matter) that its unfair to him to single him out.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not unfair -- he was busted. The players "who probably did it" are purely speculation -- to persecute them would be unfair, and it's weak to use that as justification for the proven cheaters like Giambi. And he hasn't been singled out -- he's received the same treatment as all of the other cheaters who've been caught.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll still always have sort of mixed feelings about him for what he did, but i think hes handled it very well given the circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]
He hasn't handled it at all. He made an appearance at a lame-ass press conference and basically said nothing, and has ignored it ever since with the hope that it would go away, which apparently most people are perfectly willing to allow.

[ QUOTE ]
As for if he's using now, thats highly unlikely, and theres zero evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would have thought it to be highly unlikely that Palmiero would have started using it again also, but look what happened there.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM

you are a nit.

[ QUOTE ]
Saying sorry but not what you're sorry for doesn't constitute an admission let alone an acceptance of blame or responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ] dude, his GRAND JURY TESTIMONY WAS LEAKED. How much more proof do you need, and how much more clarification do you need about what he is apologizing for?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i wasnt quite sure about giambi, its a little hard to know what to make of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Giambi. But this was hilarious.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:40 PM

I don't have their OBP's in fron of me, but if I were trying to split up the Leftys and the Righties, my line-up would look like this:

Jeter
Matsui
A Rod
Giambi
Sheff
Old 09-14-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are a nit.

[ QUOTE ]
Saying sorry but not what you're sorry for doesn't constitute an admission let alone an acceptance of blame or responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ] dude, his GRAND JURY TESTIMONY WAS LEAKED. How much more proof do you need, and how much more clarification do you need about what he is apologizing for?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm the one that's not prepared to absolve this guy, and I'm the nit? I'm still waiting to hear the part where he handled this situation with class and admitted what he did, and accepted responsibility. Let me know when you get around to it.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have their OBP's in fron of me, but if I were trying to split up the Leftys and the Righties, my line-up would look like this:

Jeter
Matsui
A Rod
Giambi
Sheff

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

A-Rod, Giambi and Sheff have higher OBPs and SLGs than Matsui. They should get more PAs.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#2's the best place for A-Rod.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Giambi seems like a clearly better choice to bat 2nd.

A-Rod and Giambi have been essentially equal in rate stats this year (Giambi: .349 Eqa, A-Rod, .344). The difference is Giambi has been better at getting on base, while A-Rod has hit with more power. Seems pretty clear you want Giambi hitting before A-Rod.

Coincidentally, this also keeps the R-L-R pattern going if Jeter bats first.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont hate the guy, and if i were a yankee fan i would love him at the plate also. the guy is a sabermetric junkie dream come true. however, anyone who doesnt think he is PROBABLY cheating is being very naive.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont hate the guy, and if i were a yankee fan i would love him at the plate also. the guy is a sabermetric junkie dream come true. however, anyone who doesnt think he is PROBABLY cheating is being very naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps the guys who want him to be cheating are clinging.