Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: KJs in the monkey house

4bet for value? i fear, though, that you're setting yourself up to lose a lot of money most of the time. i.e.: 4betting might be distinctly NOT for value
Old 12-14-2005, 01:43 PM

If the lagtards will respect a preflop re-raise and fold on later streets if they whiff then re-raise. If not, call. Or raise and take free cards as necessary.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 PM

That is the loser way to play it I agree with Hock completely. BUT i still favor laying this "Monster" hand down just too trapable. -Andrew
Old 12-14-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BUT i still favor laying this "Monster" hand down just too trapable

[/ QUOTE ]

Position, position, position.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:50 PM

man im really leaning towards folding here. its a pretty hand but you gotta hit to win and hope not to be dominated.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:23 PM

Call, why the hell not. You have position, you have suited overcards. If the drunk asian re-raises and then the donk re-reraises, fold. I doubt the donk knows that you know that the asian is drunk, in fact, I doubt the donk is playing the asian knowing that he is drunk as well. Donks just tend to play their cards.

I'm sure someone here said "Yeah, I'll fold." You know what - let me reiterate my position on cards so that people who cite preflop charts for rote won't bother me when I play 68s sometimes (hint hint, I'm making a post) - POKER DOESN'T EXIST IN A VACUUM. With dumbasses to the right and position, putting two small bets and gambling is just fine. There is just so much $$ to be had if you hit, so little to be lost if you miss.

Argun
Old 12-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Call, why the hell not. You have position, you have suited overcards. If the drunk asian re-raises and then the donk re-reraises, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you call for 3 bets cold, you don't fold when it is 2 back to you. If you're going to fold, you do it at your initial turn to act and assume it can easily be reraised behind you.

b
Old 12-14-2005, 04:43 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

If you raise I think you'll pay 6 bets a fair amount of the time preflop, If you call in this type of game you may pay 6 bets a fair amount of the time also. I'm assuming 5 bet cap plus the straddle.

I don't really like the idea of playing hte hand in that situation if this is the normal texture of the game. We can afford to pass up some of the marginal edges at higher prices, for marginal edges at lower prices, or bigger edges at any price. Those will come more often.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:57 AM

I like a reraise here. I know people are saying you can be dominated but with typical Cant. 8/16 games they will be raising 79o, 25s etc...you are truly against a random range of hands. I think the key thing is position here. I love my position with this above average hand against bad postflop players. I think I'll be up in the beginning of January to play some 30.