Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: NL 100 (6 max) - T9s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I would never fold this here. Ya being out of position sucks, but I get a cheap look at the flop getting 4 to 1 assuming BB calls, which he will almost all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
river I block for $35 and fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you block river for 35? Why are you folding to a push? I think a set is unlikely. He would most likely bet the flop or raise the turn. With a set, do you really think he would show 0 agression until the river?
Aren't his most likely holdings a weak K, A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X, or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x

[/ QUOTE ]

Often new players won't get very aggressive unless they have the nuts. If he flopped the set, he was probably sweating the flush to the point of passivity.

His betting is consistant w/ pocket sixes.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't fold this preflop with the action leading up to you. this is a great suited connector situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can I have some more opinions on preflop? Am I missing opportunities by folding preflop? MP raised 4xBB, B called, I'm OOP with a drawing hand facing a raise, I believe that is an automuck. Thoughts?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to bdaws - the flop checkraise is debateable, and I prefer a lead here so you can threebet, but I don't think its terrible to cr.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think I would get the chance to 3 bet. It was a minraised pot preflop, so its not like anyone feels it is their pot. I thought it was highly unlikely I would get the chance to 3 bet, I thought I would probably get to check raise. I wanted to build the pot as fast as possible, so I chose to check raise.

[ QUOTE ]
the turn HAS to be more expensive. he calls the flop, so make him pay huge on the turn. again, not terribly critical to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is mentioned elsewhere in the thread. At the time, I put him on a weak K or higher draw. I tried to bet enough to allow the K to call and also give improper odds to the flush draw. There is no way I am paying him off if another club falls, so if he calls with a flush draw, he is making a mistake and I profit.

[ QUOTE ]
the real thing in the hand that surprised me was the river check. i was pretty shocked by that. why? at least a blocking bet, maybe a medium sized bet - you're BEGGING to get overbet here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I read busted flush, or in very rare cases, a K. If he has a flush draw, I'm only making money if he bluffs. If he has a K, him calling my bet is the same as him possibly value betting. I thought the flush draw was much more likely also.

[ QUOTE ]
and the call is tough, real tough, but go with your read i guess. shrug.

[/ QUOTE ]
I instacalled. There is no way he plays a set like this. I haven't really shown that much strength so he would valuebet and attempt to get paid off. The thing that lead me to believe most convincingly he didnt have a set was that he didn't lead the flop. Why would he not lead the flop with a set?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I have some more opinions on preflop? Am I missing opportunities by folding preflop? MP raised 4xBB, B called, I'm OOP with a drawing hand facing a raise, I believe that is an automuck. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
MP min raised, 2xBB. If it was 4xBB, I would fold.