Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 06-02-2004, 02:24 PM
1800GAMBLER 1800GAMBLER is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: Poker Office > Poker Tracker???

It isn't just showing you your pot odds. It's giving you the odds of you improving to every possible hand and then comparing this.

I'd imagine a medium percentage of players who download this will then learn why pot odds are important and think they have found the golden rule to beating poker.

This program is bad news. I just emailed the sites.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Jezebel Jezebel is offline
Senior Member

This is not the first program on the market that computes pot odds for a player. Do a search for "pot odds calculator" or such and I think you will see that there are several products available that do what you are describing. These products have hardly hurt online poker to this point. In order to optimally use the information provided in this program, you still need to understand some poker theory. If it was just about pot odds, then we would all be experts.

Also, did anyone not think that something like this was on the way when PokerTracker came out? It seemed like the obvious next generation of software to me. I've generally thought that this is what PT version 3 would look like.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:44 PM
AviD AviD is offline
Senior Member

This is almost like playing with a poker coach next to you that is a machine calculating odds on the fly.

This is just a step below automation IMO.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:47 PM
1800GAMBLER 1800GAMBLER is offline
Senior Member

Read this bottom to top:

The program does a lot more than that. It also watches each player and records their playing habits thus giving the player information on how best to play the hand. Moreso, if the program only gave pot odds and odds to improve that is an unfair advantage against someone else who hasn't heard about the program.

No plans to stop it from being used?

Jay.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Nightwish Nightwish is offline
Senior Member

You're all missing one important thing. This product tells the fish what hand they have, what the possible hands are (including the nuts that they so commonly miss), what their real-time pot odds are, etc. Any calling station that uses this can now tighten up very easily.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:49 PM
1800GAMBLER 1800GAMBLER is offline
Senior Member

No one here really cares about PT because it has the same value for 2+2ers as other players. This program has value for idiots and none for us.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:51 PM
ZeeJustin ZeeJustin is offline
Senior Member

Location: Northern VA (near DC)

This program gives blind people an unfair advantage. They can activate a beep that let's them know when it's their turn to act. This is clearly unfair to us people that are able to utilize our sense of sight in a proper fashion.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Nightwish Nightwish is offline
Senior Member

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Party actually wanted people to use this kind of software! After all, they would love it if the playing field were completely equal with players just pushing the same chips back and forth (with Party taking a rake out of each pot). Everyone loses and Party wins.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:02 PM
1800GAMBLER 1800GAMBLER is offline
Senior Member

I thought the very same thing. I also wondering why they don't give lessons on the poker sites.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Jezebel Jezebel is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the very same thing. I also wondering why they don't give lessons on the poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do give lessons. Check out www.partypoker.net