Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: I was told I wass playing junk. What do you think?

Your hand selection is just fine.

Your flop play is just fine.

On the turn you're too aggressive. I'm prone to making the same error though.

You have a gsff here. 12 outs. However, all 12 of those outs may not be good. Due to the turn raise, it's possible that someone picked up two pair or trips.

Furthermore, there's still 46 cards left in the deck, and you don't have a hand yet!

12 outs gives you 26% equity. There are four players, one of them is all in, so you now represent 33% of the bettors. You're losing money by pushing this turn.

Even if there were 4 players and they were all calling, you have a 4% edge here (1/25) with 12 outs. With less than 12 outs, you would find that you would be slightly negative... and you could very well have less than 12 outs: due to two pair, another flush draw, etc.

You want to forget about pushing your small edge, in favour of waiting until the river when you can get them all for bets once you have a killer hand.

Looking at the results, I see that you weren't up against a flush draw, but who knows what MP1 had... you WERE against those two pair though. Not trips surprisingly. This is pretty intense action on the turn.