Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: QJs openlimps

*grunch*

I raise QJs from middle postion preflop.

Flop seems right - bet out to see if someone with a K raises.

Turn too.

Why slow down on the river? No one has shown you any aggression. I figure someone slowplaying kings or even a set wakes up on the turn.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:42 AM

actually i think that was a good analysis kwaz, we didnt actually disagree as much as you seem to think, although maybe i didnt explain myself as well as i could have.

i wasnt saying he will bet worse hands necessarily more than better ones, im just saying that in this specific situation we can give him a range that includes weak Ks and AQ, that will possibly check behind, thus giving us the optimum river play ala fundamental theorum....
and also includes a range of weak Js and weak Qs and even AT that are betting now on the river that they believe they are utility betting, or bluffing as their only way to pick up the pot.

overall now i think if i was to play this hand again my river line is bet/fold though, there are just too many T and weaker Q hands that could call but not bet if checked too, this factor to me against an unknown seems to outweigh bluff induction.

although: a read could definitely shift my position.
as too could a bigger pot, at 7 or 8BB pre-river i am bet calling the 5th street

and i see some people still guessing at results, i already announced it above, but vil held:

KhJh
Old 11-28-2005, 06:44 AM

I raise pf.

Sometimes he has a K, but you usually hear from better than TP so it's only really TPMK that we're worried about unless Villain is uber passive or particularly tricky. I think he calls with more hands than he bets given your read and I can easily fold to a raise. Therefore I bet the river.

If I'm checking it's a prelude to a fold. He probably checks behind a lot of hands we beat but bets all the hands that beat us. We don't lose anything by betting vs check/calling unless he bluffs a lot or regularly checks behind a K or better. When we check we allow him to decide when he puts money into the pot. I think betting is clearly a better option given our read.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 AM

You have ~10 outs with this hand. I would have played this hand the same, I would have thought until my time ran out on the river to call or fold. The pot is small on the river so I would probably have folded on the river.