Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Support for David Ross

i enjoyed BJ diaries too....but it was considered extremely boring stuff by many who read it.

however, i think David's story is more interesting.

i think the stuff about whether or not to go back into the regular work-force....getting the occasional offer and his various deliberations.....his thoughts on whether his success would continue....etc etc, should hopefully make for an interesting story.

he did indulge us with quuite a few hand-histories in his posts.
so he's going to have to decide how to approach these.

you can explain all you like....but non-poker players simply aren't going to understand certain aspects of the hands no matter how much you walk them through it.

think about rounders.....that is a very accessable movie to anyone who doesn't know a thing about poker.

the book Shut up and Deal is all about the daily ups and downs of a high stakes 'pro'....but it is also easily understood by someone who doesn't know anything about poker. when i read it i was in this category....Hold-Em, Omaha, under the gun....didn't know what any of these things were. he is still able to explain the drama and importance of a long-shot river coming through or someone betting absolutely insanely...etc etc.

speaking of which....Shut up and Deal is a pretty good example. if jesse may can get that literary masterpiece published than i certainly think david can get some interest in his story.

however, if nobody goes for the initial 4 chapters i would still recommend writing the whole thing and going the self-publishing route.

curious if 2+2 would have any interest since he basically lived and breathed his tale on these forums.
obviously they are not as much in the 'storytelling' business and are more involved in the 'how-to' manuals (for lack of a better term).

but i would love to see S&M take a calculated chance here and support david's endeavor.
afterall, david may make several references to his posts and input that he received from these forums.

just spitballing here...but.......
i would also love to see 2+2 get together with Raymer on how he used the input on the forums to help bring his game all the way up to WSOP-Championship caliber.