Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Best Album of 2005 So Far

After long consideration, I decided that C'Mere is the best song on the album.

Also, is No Wow really that good? I'm in love with Keep On Your Mean Side even though it took forever to get into, but the previews on iTunes (yes, I pay for a lot of my music) didn't intrigue me enough to get me to buy it, so I've been looking for it for free, although i may have to buy it if you give it strong enough hype. Also, Picaresque is great, even though I wasn't a fan of the Decemberists before.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
After long consideration, I decided that C'Mere is the best song on the album.

Also, is No Wow really that good? I'm in love with Keep On Your Mean Side even though it took forever to get into, but the previews on iTunes (yes, I pay for a lot of my music) didn't intrigue me enough to get me to buy it, so I've been looking for it for free, although i may have to buy it if you give it strong enough hype. Also, Picaresque is great, even though I wasn't a fan of the Decemberists before.

[/ QUOTE ]
I waffle between Evil, Not Even Jail, & Slow Hands. But this thread is about 2005, so I'll stop talking about Interpol.

I think No Wow is fantastic, though I have not listened to Keep On Your Mean Side for comparison's sake. I find it distinctive, intense, and dark. I wouldn't consider it accessible, however, so your itunes samples are likely not going to sway your opinion.

btw, torrents are your friend.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these threads always degererate into a contest of who can name the most obscure bands that suck and nobody has ever heard of.

congratulations all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that you can also always count on someone coming into these threads to make stupid comments about the obscurity of all the albums. It's the new hip thing to be above indie music -- "only pretentious hipsters talk about that sh[/i]it". Or, alternatively, for indie enthusiasts to vigorously defend a single mainstream artist so that they're not seen as too indie. It's ri-goddamn-diculous. Like what you like, dislike what you dislike. Priding yourself on obscurity or ripping into others for liking obscure music is stupid.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:18 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
It's the new hip thing to be above indie music -- "only pretentious hipsters talk about that [censored]".

[/ QUOTE ]

not it's not. it's still the hip thing to talk about indie music. just look at this thread.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's the new hip thing to be above indie music -- "only pretentious hipsters talk about that [censored]".

[/ QUOTE ]

not it's not. it's still the hip thing to talk about indie music. just look at this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) You're using 2+2ers to prove what's hip. Big mistake.

B) Even still. You came in and made the comment, and two people instantly agreed. It's the "I'm better than you" thing to do when surrounded by indie kids. It's no better than the "I listen to obscure music so I have better taste than you" mentality.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have any clue what you're talking about? coldplay has been discussed, and is most certainly not "indie."

edit: nine inch nails and beck, also not "indie." seriously, get a clue.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you have any clue what you're talking about? coldplay has been discussed, and is most certainly not "indie."

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides, I'm struggling to come up with a mainstream release that I've liked this year. There just haven't been many big releases worth talking about. 50 Cent's The Massacre was okay but a bit of a disappointment. The Game's Documentary was pretty good. Beanie Sigel's The B.Coming was also pretty good but hasn't gotten any major play that I know of.

I'd find Daryn's comments less stupid if he listed some of his faves so far this year, but he didn't. FWIW, I usually like Daryn's posts, so I'm not trying to pick a fight with him... I just hear that attitude roughly as often as I hear the I'm-better-than-you-because-I'm-indie attitude, and they both are ultra stupid.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:41 PM

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hipsters. they make me laugh.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:09 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: nine inch nails and beck, also not "indie." seriously, get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i posted, nin was the only real non-obscure group.

sorry for being right all the time.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:10 PM

some of my favs this year? hm.. i really can't think of anything good that came out this year, honestly.