Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Was are the best and worst run sites for tournaments?

[ QUOTE ]
I know everyone loves to hate Pacific, but what is it about their tourneys specifically that makes them suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get moved from another table, you can sometimes get moved and have to post the small blind immediately (BUG).

If you get all in, cards don't flip up til the end, and the bigger stack has an option to create a side pot with himself, check, or fold (BUG).

I think there is only 10 minute blind levels, start with 1000 chips (the 30+ you start with 1200 I believe, been a while since I played there), and its 10 to a table.

If you exit out of a tournament, instead of "sitting out" and having the ability to come back later, you forfeit all your chips and finish at whatever place you went out at.

If you win a money satellite to a bigger tourney (say enter a $6 to get into the 30+3) if you try to get out of the one you won a spot for, it forfeits your money, because according to pacific, "its a freeroll".

Their customer service is terrible, emailed them about a problem, took em 2 days to reply to me, and it didn't even help.

I'm sure there is alot more, but I'd rather play at a site with good customer service and good software and better players than a site with terrible software and customer service and terrible players.

To be fair though, the 30+3 tourneys are so fishy, great overlay, and compare to a 5 dollar on stars as far as overall quality of your opponents.