FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: I don\'t like the Beatles

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find them mostly unlistenable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant stand them never have and never will.

[/ QUOTE ]

most overrated band in the history of music and its not close. if you gave someone who had never listened to music every cd in the world and had them listen to all of them, they would simply classify the beatles as average. they are simply just a pop band. while their music is by no means bad, its by no means amazing either...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the most ignorant thing ive read in days.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Anyone who makes a song like this is a pop band. I hate this song so much it makes me sick every time some cover band at a bar plays it

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant reasoning there. I have 19 hours of Beatles on my computer. Should I stop listening to all of it simply because of 3 minutes that suck (and I agree that Ob-La-Di is annoying)?

Swede
Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find them mostly unlistenable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant stand them never have and never will.

[/ QUOTE ]

most overrated band in the history of music and its not close. if you gave someone who had never listened to music every cd in the world and had them listen to all of them, they would simply classify the beatles as average. they are simply just a pop band. while their music is by no means bad, its by no means amazing either...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

But this is flawed in that some or alot of music that person is listening to probably wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the Beatles.

[ QUOTE ]
most overrated band in the history of music and its not close....they are simply just a pop band. while their music is by no means bad, its by no means amazing either...

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Simply a pop band? Spoken like someone who heard She Was Just 17 on the radio once. If anything, they were the first pop band. You have either never heard the vast majority of the Beatles' catalog or you are trying to get a rise out of people. The late 60's/70's Beatles were the opposite end of the spectrum from "pop" music.

How many pop bands do you know that have the sheer volume of songs/albums that they put out? It was incredible how fast they wrote good music.

[ QUOTE ]
I listen to pretty much anything. Talking Heads are on right now.
Beastie Boys. Wilco

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought I'd have anything in common with a Packers fan, but I have several albums from these groups and am open to just about any type of music and also do not like the Beatles. Maybe it's a midwest thing.

[ QUOTE ]
they are simply just a pop band. while their music is by no means bad, its by no means amazing either...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Context should be considered.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I'm working on my pc or playing poker, I put itunes on shuffle. Whenever a Beatles song comes on, I inevitably skip to the next song.

I'm sure they're innovative and important in the history of rock n' roll and whatnot, but I find them mostly unlistenable.

Am I alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. With rare exceptions, the Beatles are crap.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most overrated band in the history of music and its not close....they are simply just a pop band. while their music is by no means bad, its by no means amazing either...

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Simply a pop band? Spoken like someone who heard She Was Just 17 on the radio once. If anything, they were the first pop band. You have either never heard the vast majority of the Beatles' catalog or you are trying to get a rise out of people. The late 60's/70's Beatles were the opposite end of the spectrum from "pop" music.

How many pop bands do you know that have the sheer volume of songs/albums that they put out? It was incredible how fast they wrote good music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 PM

You don't have to like the Beatles. They're important because they were the precursors to many pop/pock inovations. They did it first.

That said,I find it hard to believe that there's actually someone out there who doesn't grin like a fool when Eight Days a Week or I Want to Hold Your Hand comes on.

If I Fell has to be one of the greatest unrequited love songs of all time. Beautiful but nasty, too.

And we could go on and on about Rubber Soul,Revolver, etc.

I don't listen to them often enough, but when I do, I recognize brilliance.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 PM

Beatles Rock, but sometimes you are just not in the mood.... pretty simple