Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: BACK down to 2/4

In your post you stated table selection being of great importance when moving from 2/4 full to 3/6 full.

Can you explain what you mean here?

I have PT and gametime+ and use both constantly. gametime displays people who are 'winners' over the lifetime of hands I have seen them play in a green color, and 'losers' in a yellow color, so I use that to a small degree to help determine good or bad tables.

But to a larger degree, I use vpip PFR and AF to determine which are good and which are bad.

The thing is, people here on 2+2 talk about their awesome tables being 30% vpip and so on and so forth. I have yet to see a table like this for any significant length of time.

We all have hand that we remember where we had AA and raised only to have 6 cold callers and both blinds call. But this doesn't make a good table if the next 10 hands only has 2 people to the flop.

Sometimes I will find a guy whom I have a history with and know I can outplay and put him to my right, but that takes quite a while to get the correct seat (party needs to add a feature when you 'sit out' so you can reseat)

So how else do you determine good tables?