Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: First Time for Everything! (Results Oriented).

[ QUOTE ]
bump....

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounded like he was basically saying that he could use some high card value, because based on the EP raiser's flop play, he could determine whether he had a better ace.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: First Time for Everything! (Results Oriented).

Well, let's see. I think there is a 60-70% chance that either the SB and/or the BB are going to come along. Thefore, I'll assume we will have 4 for the flop, and you have ATs on the button.

Again, I know the EP raiser very well - he is very solid, will not chase when out of position, and knows I play strong post-flop.

Also, I KNOW that the cold-caller to my right has a worse hand than me. I am 100% sure of that. Also, I know that if he catches a piece of the flop (i.e., a weak A, weak 10, middle pair with an A or 10 up, etc), he is going with me the entire way. Remember, this is not a strong player. If he was a strong player, I might consider mucking.

Let's say an A hits on the flop, or the flop is "10 high". The EP bets, I dont care what the cold-caller does, and I will raise. If the EP re-raises, I muck. Plain and simple. I'm off the hand right there (unless of course I hit a big draw).

If an A misses the flop, I can use basic post flop principles from there. I bet if I think the flop is the kind that missed EP. Remember, I am already banking the poor player's $ -- this is just dead $, IMO. He is not a threat, he is only there to give me the proper implied odds to hit my hand.

To play this hand, you have to know your opponents, have your main antagonist know you, and be able to get away from a hand as soon as you know it's no good. You must be in excellent position and be the last to act on all rounds, so that you know what is going on at all times. In other words, you must play excellent poker with excellent knowledge.

In this situation, I felt confident that I was in a good position preflop, based on the aforementioned. So, I feel I could call and try for my first ever Royal!

TSP