Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: How easy are the $50 NL on party?

sweet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fender, even though you say that your going to play a very rock-like game, I would recommend you having 30buy ins before moving up. 20 buy ins is the roll for a player who is beating the level, but since you have know knowledge yet of how you will perform, you should have the extra backing to cushion any expensive lessons you may have to learn.

PTBB is Pokertracker Big Bet. Pokertracker defines a NL Big Bet as twice the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a couple hundred coming in from my rake back deals and another $500 i can throw into my account for educational reasons. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I definitly appreciate your advice and I will keep with the 30 buy in rule. Funny, there is a 30 buy in rule for NL SnG as well.

I have about 10,000 hands of experience in the last two weeks playing $50 NL. I feel very comfortable even though I have such a small sample size. I also have played over 5,000 sng at the $11 and $22 level and countless experience of limit. I am a well versed player who has tried everything. Right now, I'm looking for what works best.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:55 PM

abc can beat the 200's but not for a great bb/100. you really have to semibluff and pounce on pots to keep your bb/100 up there *IMO*

however, at the 400's i've noticed that play increases dramatically over the 100's and even the 200's

at the 200's table selection is important, as you need to find the couple of fish out there to pay you off. Also, every table has 2 good players, 4-5 avg. players, and then 2 fish about. So you just have play the fish.

Did any of that makes sense?
TWP-which game are you at now? 200nl 6 max?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:57 PM

Yes, 200 6m. I find plenty of fish. Most of my tables have 2 fish, 2 people who suck postflop but play reasonably preflop and 1 rock. And me.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:00 PM

i need to learn 6-max, as ALL the top tables are 6-max. And there's so many more. BUT, im doing so well at full ring right now that i can't stand to leave.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i need to learn 6-max, as ALL the top tables are 6-max. And there's so many more. BUT, im doing so well at full ring right now that i can't stand to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the only reason to learn 6-max. It seems that 5/10 NL on Party is almost exclusively 6-max now so, if you want to keep moving up, you'll eventually have no choice. At the stratosphere levels (like the 25/50 and 50/100 games), there's almost never a full table running anywhere.

I switched recently from full to 6-max and am glad I did it overall. I think I've sacrificed a little in immediate winrate but I think the long-term benefits are worth it.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 PM

If your previous post accurately described the NL200 full ring games, switching to 6m can only help your win rate. That sounds like teh s0x0r.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:13 PM

its about right. every once in awhile you'll get a table with a vpip over 30-35 and thats great, but i assume i'll have to switch over to 6max at some point.

Ghaz, did you move down in levels to switch-i don't think you did.

And TWP, i know you allready have 1 mentor, whenever i decide to try to pick it up in about a month or 2, willing to take on another?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:14 PM

I agree. I recently switched from full ring NL 100 to 6-max and have no intention of ever going back. If you are beating the full ring, you will do even better at 6-max. Of course, there is more variance...... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 01:20 PM

I actually don't have a mentee or whatever you call someone you mentor. I wonder where you heard that. In any case, I have reviewed a few HHs for a few people and would be happy to do that for you, too. I also would be willing to set up a more formal every week type of thing if you were interested. PM me for further discussion if you are interested.