Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Hands like this are why I\'m not approaching 1 skrillion BB/100

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think situations like this has very little effect on your winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, bottom line is against a VPIP 90% u should valuebet and never bluff. This is the important thing. And K high is normally a valueraise preflop and valuebet on flop, specially when A hits because why should he not raise A preflop?

If u should raise preflop and bet flop got a lot to do with how he reacts when u limp/raise preflop and flop and how u have played so far.

I - for example - play pretty aggressive HU so I sometimes play a marginal hand like this against a loose player, when there is no money in pot, weak as hell. Then when I bluff in bigger pots I get better paid. Or so I hope.

55 hands is a lot headsup. U got to have a better read then what u gave us or u shouldnt play shorthanded and HU but stay at fulltables untill u improve this skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

55 hands means nothing because I play the same guys at 3-way, 6-way, even fr because the site's ring games aren't well-populated like party. My read on him says he really [censored] sucks, and I can value bet pretty much any pair against him. I'm not sure what else you're looking for. He had a few distinctive betting patterns, and I noticed one timing tell, but they're not particularly important.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Hands like this are why I\'m not approaching 1 skrillion BB/100

[ QUOTE ]
I'm disagreeing very much that he'll fold the flop. I don't need a read other than his VP$IP to tell that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know how you can say that. I see lots of passives with VPIP 60 who folds the flop on an ace board HU. A high VPIP hints that he may peel the flop with nothing but it is far from a 100% thing. You need postflop reads for that.