Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: overpair on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i were in villain's shoes, the minraise would look like AK to me, and I would push turn with almost anything as long as an A or K did'nt show up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanna say BINGO!

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically, against thabadguy, hero played this hand perfectly...Except she should have called the all in bet. Learning to induce bluffs from super aggressive players like thabadguy can be very profitable.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

If i were in villain's shoes, the minraise would look like AK to me, and I would push turn with almost anything as long as an A or K did'nt show up.

Just wanna say BINGO!

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically, against thabadguy, hero played this hand perfectly...Except she should have called the all in bet. Learning to induce bluffs from super aggressive players like thabadguy can be very profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!! Keep in mind, i would play JJ the exact same way.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL!!! Keep in mind, i would play JJ the exact same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately from personal experience, i know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when you say he thought i was weak you have to think about what he puts me on, not just "weakness

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don’t….I think that thinking is a problem…I don’t think your typical 2-4 opponent thinks that deeply.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think deep stacked players are aggressive with crappy hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Many very good deep stack opponents are very aggressive with crappy hands and very strong hands. They are less aggressive with medium strength hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks aggie, my points exactly
Old 05-31-2005, 04:05 PM

I completely agree, i'll toss tptk almost everytime facing a lotta aggression, but with absolute nothing, ill be willing to push, just feels good.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:04 PM

The only hand you can beat is AQ or a complete bluff. If he thinks you're overly aggressive, which I'm assuming is likely, he might even have jacks and put you on AK and hit the turn. But this is a routine fold.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]

so he went all in, i folded, and he showed 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Make a note and set him up with a min-raise in the future, but it's asking too much to pick off somebody bluffing at you when you're showing strength with no reads and only one pair.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:59 PM

For the record, the flop was Q 8 2. The turn was a J that was the same suit as the Q.

How many people think QQ and JJ and min raising in MP2 with QQ and JJ? Isn't this min raise more indicative of a ha nd like 44-88?

I think villain is most afraid of 88 here, and can disclude QQ and JJ. AQ is a possibility as is (to a lesser extent) QJs.

Getting 2-1 on this call I think it's close either way. I would lean towards a call seeing as hero min raised the flop, which lately doesn't represent much strength, but rather AK which wants to take it down.

On a Q86 flop is very very close, on a Q82 flop it's just close.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:21 PM

I'm curious why no one puts Villian on QJ here? I think QJ is probably the most likely hand given all the action.

I hate the flop though. I smoothcall most of the time, and raise bigger the rest of the time. The flop play made this hand into a difficult one.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:44 PM

I put him on QJ. You guys aren't looking at the big picture. You're all over analyzing and wasting good oppurtunities. This is the average fish. He doesnt think like us.