Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: lately im seeing things that arent there

i spoke with a selfproclaimed psychologist from the internet and she had some helpful things to say. i had been changing my schedule around alot lately, pulling allnighters regularly so that i can meet friends and such and then going to sleep at 8pm when i have to wake up at 10am when i normally go to sleep at 7am. i told her despite this, i get a really good amount of hours of sleep in.

she said that the amount of hours you sleep arent as important as the quality of sleep. she says that changing my schedule around so much is probably what is causing the problem as that is a natural side effect.

i havent had any instances of seeing stuff since making this post which is good news. im going to wait to see a doctor and if another instance of this happens again and i hadnt recently gone through a crazy schedule change i will then consider going to one.

i am also going to get my eyes checked out because i dont think they are performing as well as they have in the past. i believe that my eyesight a couple of years ago was far better than 20/20 vision, as i was able to see things that noone else could see (license plates, street signs, etc). all the sudden i couldnt see those things better than other people, but when id go to check out reading glasses, even the lowest magnification made my eyes blurry. so its possible i was running at like 19/19 and just grew into a 20/20. now my eyes seem to be slightly worse than before. maybe i am 21/21 now, or something similiar.

its very possible that these mistakes are from me trusting my eyesight since it has been so good in the past but is now starting to deteriorate. ill get my eyes checked out (wont be for a few weeks at least) and let you guys know of any updates if there is still interest.

thanks all,
mbd.