Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's your favorite bagel ?
Plain 7 11.67%
Sesame 7 11.67%
Poppy 8 13.33%
Garlic 7 11.67%
Onion 4 6.67%
Everything 17 28.33%
Cinnamon Raisin 6 10.00%
Pumpernickel 1 1.67%
Other 1 1.67%
Don't eat bagels 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Because I like watching people lie...

I find it fascinating that no one has responded to the evidence I posted that pretty much proves which party is more fiscally responsible. And it ain't the Democrats.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:09 AM

While I agree that Republicans are more fiscally conservative. I do think members of BOTH parties should condemn this crazy spending at every level of gov't. I'm not talking about just who's in the whitehouse, I'm talking the Senate and House as well.

It's funny that Democrats like to think there is no such thing as congress, my man Newt and the Republicans controlled congress during the Clinton Presidency, to give all the credit to one party is just dumb.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, Clinton is so lucky...Oh, Clinton had a tech boom. Boo hoo. Scoreboard motherfukers. At some point, you have to judge performance by results.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you don't understand economics. The president has little to do with economic success/failure. Take an economics course or two please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: When the economy bombs under a President I am sympathetic to, then the President has no real influence on the economy. When the economy booooms under a President I am sympathetic to then check out his inspired leadership.

Using what you have supposedly learnt in your economic classes, please explain how the following has no real effect on the economy.

1.Tax Cuts.
2.Increased Government Spending.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it fascinating that no one has responded to the evidence I posted that pretty much proves which party is more fiscally responsible. And it ain't the Democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the greates act of Pot meet Kettle I have ever seen. Is that graph grey posted not loading for you or sumfink.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
good post anatta, you 100% just owned all the retarded republicans here. natethagreat, your answer is a cop out. sure you can't directly correlate presidency with how economics are going there is a lot going on but at the same time, what's more likely, the economy goes up with democratic presidents and down with republican presidents, that's luck or because of the way the presidents govern? the answer is obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently Annata's college taught him too much without teaching him anything at all. I'd like to hear why Clinton is the sole cause for the economic boom under his term. It is also apparent that neither of you know what economics cycles, and economic fluctuations are.

The once and future king, once you are done bashing Republican's economic policies, maybe you will be able to explain to me why the majority of economic professors are Republicans while the super-majority of professors in general are Democrats.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Accepting your argument

So, how do you measure a president's fiscal policy?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The once and future king, once you are done bashing Republican's economic policies, maybe you will be able to explain to me why the majority of economic professors are Republicans while the super-majority of professors in general are Democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your source, please. Followed by your point, please.

-ptmusic
Old 09-18-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Long John

[ QUOTE ]
Anatta : "You don't need to be John Maynard Keynes to know that, 'Hey lets wage war, spend like crazy, and cut taxes. Golly, the deficit has gone up.' John Holmes could figure that out."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
ACPlayer : "So, how do you measure a president's fiscal policy?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe you will be able to explain to me why the majority of economic professors are Republicans while the super-majority of professors in general are Democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we accept this "fact" then maybe that will explain why if you put 10 economic professors in a room together, you will get 10 different answers to the question "Is the sky blue?"
Old 09-18-2005, 03:26 PM

Oh it did load. It's just a bad indicator of which party is more fiscally responsible. You can check out the House and Senate ratings at the Citzens Against Government Waste website and see for yourself that Democrats consistently rank lower than Republicans when it comes to spending (lower=more wasteful).

Plus your Pot-Kettle analogy doesn't make any sense. You sure you know what the analogy means?