Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 04:03 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: How many games do you play at once?

i have close to 100,000 hands from the last 3 months alone that would factually disagree with your assertion. futhermore, you were the one that began offering inflammatory comments to the thread. while, like you, i'm not in a position to judge temperment on a whole i now know well enough to pass off your commentary on topics like these as goading rhetoric.

if playing 6 tables while conducting other light activities is too much for you to fathom, i would suggest that you buy a pack of gum, go for a walk, and see how much further you can go before your coordination and/or mind begins to limit you.

do well.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:05 PM

Here's my take, or 2 cents, or whatever...

I went from 1 to 2 and then 3 tables, and online poker got much more fun since I got that much more action even when playing tight, and I could still do other stuff like browsing the web, etc.

Now I've gone from 3 to 2 tables (and sometimes only 1 if that table is very good), and still do some of the other stuff, but I also got more time to observe the game, make notes about players, and once again online poker got much more fun. Now I can make more plays based on players rather than cards.

Nothing is sweeter than coming over the top, with not that much of a hand, reraising a good player who is trying to isolate a decent limper, because I know both are likely to fold on a later street. That I couldn't do before.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:08 PM

i didn't say there was anything wrong with playing like a bot

i meant that to play 15 tables (or 6) at once you could only play like a bot, (particular actions in particular circumstances - not whether a bot plays better than a human), which defeats the point of worrying about actual bots - "they are already among us"

astroglide must be having a bad day and has tried to stir trouble from an innocently made post - i hope he's not playing 6 tables today, for his sake! lol!

Old 02-16-2004, 04:10 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i don't feel limited in those terms. i still take liberal player notes: 4,616 according to pokertracker in the last 3 months, my notes.txt file is 162kb and all of it is manually entered). i still chat at the tables, i still adjust based on players, etc.

if i am giving something up, i feel it is made back in numbers. arbitrarily, if i were to play 10% worse with 6 tables than i do with 3, i still show more profit playing worse.

i feel i could play 8 tables without a problem, but i would not be able to be as casual with regard to entertainment/conversation/etc so it's not worth it to me. i still want to have fun with both poker playing as well as external stimulus.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:11 PM

if that was not your intent, i believe you need to work on your tone. at any rate, the two (bots and multi-table players) are in no way related, and there is a very legitimate cause for concern over bots.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:19 PM

I want to know the people I'm playing against. I use my notes in the Party note function with the bubble hint option on. I no longer study players while I'm playing with them. I take 1-2 hours a day to update my notes and get a fix on their play then.

I use to play 2-3 games ($10-20 ring, tournys (1-table and multis) and $100 NLH), but with PT and my improved notes I'm playing 3-4. I have little problem playing five for a couple of hours.

MS Sunshine
Old 02-16-2004, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with playing like a bot? And why would a
player necessarily play poker for enjoyment? For example,
I certainly don't play poker for enjoyment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. I do many things for enjoyment and online poker is not one of them. I hate every second of it and find it harder and harder to make myself to sit down and play.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:24 PM

"At party poker you dont really need to concentrate on the other players."

I strongly disagree with this. I don't doubt you can make a profit, low-limit mostly, but not knowing your players is ignoring alot of earn. It is worth the work.

MS Sunshine
Old 02-16-2004, 04:34 PM

"i'll consider that. in the meantime, might i suggest that you collaborate with some developers on the creation of the next-generation useless thought/post generators?"

Zing

MS Sunshine
Old 02-16-2004, 04:44 PM

"4,616 according to pokertracker in the last 3 months, my notes.txt file is 162kb and all of it is manually entered)."

My notes could beat up your notes. But I play several different poker areas each day, not just one limit or game.

MS Sunshine