Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KK facing flop all-in.

[ QUOTE ]
am i wrong in thinking that i am not "committed" to to this hand since i called preflop? Yes, 20% of my stack is in there, but i don't have to lose the last 80% when i'm not sure if i'm ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

WEAK TIGHT POLICE!!!!!! what i need here is a weak tight copter...similar to the ROFL copter.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 AM

You played it fine. If you reraise again preflop, he will probably only call with aces and possibly fold queens. Reraising does no good because no more money is going in unless you're beat. The only way to get paid off on this hand is call, instacall flop all in, and then pray he has queens or jacks. The thinking of "Push and if he has the aces, so be it" is flawed because the only way you will get paid with the better hand is if you let him bet it and you call.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KK facing flop all-in. (side question)

[ QUOTE ]
When you're the SB and have made a big re-raise of a standard open-raise by UTG +1, and then UTG +1 calls, what kind of hands would you put UTG+1 on? You think he calls the huge re-raise with something that QQ can beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The fact that Hero just called instead of 3-betting pre-flop makes him harder to put on KK.

On the flop, I call. If he got AA, oh well.

As a side question, who believes that if Villain had AA, he played it well?

Kirk
Old 09-10-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i wrong in thinking that i am not "committed" to to this hand since i called preflop? Yes, 20% of my stack is in there, but i don't have to lose the last 80% when i'm not sure if i'm ahead. There is no excuse to saying that i should just shove in the rest just b/c i have already put in 20% of my stack. That, by itself, in NO way commits me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he's getting at is, if you call preflop what are you hopeing for on the flop?

A similar hand came up for me yesterday on party 400NL.

LP I raise to 16 with KK. Guy's 1st hand at the table, posts from cut off, reraises me to $36. I call.

Flop 9 high, I check to him. He pots it.

Can you guess what he had? J9o and we ended up getting it all in on the turn (he hit a 9 on the river).

I realize that the numbers aren't exactly the same, PF reraise was smaller and it wasn't a huge overbet on the flop but it's a similar situation as there was no read on the guy and seems to be representing AA or possibly QQ where I hold KK. It also shows there are still some pretty bad donks at this level.

The way your guy played the hand seems pretty donkish so I would put QQ and JJ into his range there. Call and live with the results or fold it up PF if you can't make that kind of call on the flop.