Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Going to Canterbury

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2004, 02:39 PM

I won!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jeff,

If the jackpot hasn't been hit, and with the 112K backup, probably even if it has, you should have about a half hour, maybe 45 minute wait on your hands for 4/8...expect the 2/4 roll to be even longer. Games were still going STRONG when I left around 1 this morning.

-Edge

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you just messing with the guy?

Expect at least 2 hours, no less, possibly 3 or 4 (no joke) for the 2/4. Probably about an hour for 4/8. Could be more for that too. I was up there on tuesday and wednesday and it was taking that long and that's not a friday.

Good luck.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:02 PM

hmm...

I only waited about half an hour for the 4/8 on Thursday night...and I didn't get there till about 7:30. About another half hour later I got called for the 3/6. The 2/4 was crazy long, but I'd say probably NO more than 2 to 2 and a half hours, unless things just go crazy - which is, of course, entirely possible.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:06 PM

The hand in question:

Background: Vehn is in the BB in this hand. This is approximately my 4th orbit on the table. So far, Vehn has tried to steal on my BB twice, both times unsuccessfully when I won with some flop aggression. I've shown down two losers and 0 winners so far, with the same guy checking behind my check on the river. Both times I had second pair (played by me with a flop checkraise), both times he had top pair or better. To this point, I don't know that Vehn is at my table. I'm not certain if Vehn knows that I am gonores yet, as I haven't said anything, but I do have the trademark Lucky hat on my head.

I get dealt black aces UTG +2. I open limp. An LP limper, SB, and Vehn see a flop.

Flop: Qh 9h 5h

Checked to me, I bet, only Vehn calls.

Turn: black blank

Check, bet, call

River: 7h

Check, check

Vehn turns over Q9o for flopped top two. I scientifically eliminate him from my search for Vehn.

BTW, Vehn...I have taken the liberty of preparing two smarmy responses to my post that you may feel free to use.

1) I was thrown when you didn't automuck after I called on the turn.

2) I had to get home in the next few hours, so I didn't want you to coffeehouse when I checkraised you on the flop.

Anywho...It was fun meeting you and everyone else who came out on Thrusday night.

Doug
Old 06-12-2004, 06:14 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I dunno what I was thinking this hand. All I knew is that you liked your hand a lot. At the time I was thinking to checkraise the river on a non heart. I don't know why that seemed like a good idea at the time. Oh well, I play bad.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:04 PM

Let me explain a little more. I wasn't sure you were a 2+2 (I didn't remember to read the 1st post in this thread prior to going out there) so I put you in typical "young kid trying to play well" category. I was confused by your open limp but post flop put you on a strong made hand. Therefore checkraising the non heart river limits my liability when you have a better hand than me. This is kind of a dumb (and wrong) way to look at it but it sorta makes sense.

+ I was drunk.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:45 PM

Therefore checkraising the non heart river limits my liability when you have a better hand than me.

Ok call me slow, but you gotta explain that one further.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:35 PM

how the hell did you get drunk at Canterbury? - those waitresses keep me limited to one every 45 min...and that's with the longpours....

unreal..

RB
Old 06-14-2004, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the jackpot work?

[/ QUOTE ]

They take $1 out of every pot you win and give it away to someone else.

New news: All tournaments at Canterbury have been cancelled until July 5th. They love the full tables generated by jackpot fever so they are now seeding the jackpot with house money (profit from the back room games that they somehow must give back by law). It has been hit twice in the last two days but last night (Sunday) was still worth $104k.