Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Every Option seems bad

So when people do this you put them on 55, 66 or A3? That's laughable! How many hands have at least 2 overcards?

AA, AK, AQ, AJ, A10, A9, A8, KK, KQ, KJ, K10, K9, K8, QQ, QJ, Q10, Q9, Q8, JJ, J10, J9, J8, 1010, 109, 108, 99, 98, 88...all EXTREMELY likely from a tightish player (as mentioned by the OP). However you put them on 55, 66, A3!

Sorry to embarrass you like this, but you did kinda ask for it. I took you off ignore because I gave you a second chance to redeem yourself. However, it's obviously clear you are not here for discussion with differing points of view than your own. You're not a good player, so you can rejoin the others who give out bad advice on my ignore list.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So when people do this you put them on 55, 66 or A3?

[/ QUOTE ]

No however these hands are definatly in the range. The fact that someone ran this hand through SNG power tools and your compleatly ignoring it shows your lack of a want to improve. Frankly I thought this was a clear fold but after realising how plus EV it could be with the stated range I am starting to reconsider as should you.
Also don't flame someone who probably puts at least as much thought into their posts as anyone else on this fourm.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:47 AM

Just incredible.

Yeah, let's do the whole ignore thing.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:23 PM

Everyone seems to be voting fold here, but
1.) with huge blinds
2.) no shorty about to go out
3.) and having the SB covered by enough that you'll have at least some chance if you lose

I think you have to shove it in.

But how exactly did he raise 1200 to 1800 from SB?
Old 10-05-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But how exactly did he raise 1200 to 1800 from SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has to automatically call the 300 to equal the BB (600). Then he raises the 1200 to get to 1800.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:00 PM

With no reads I would Push the 7’s.

From what I have read, considering there is no really small stack, when folded to the SB (with the BB or the SB with stacks less or equal to 10 big blinds) it is correct for the SB to push any 2. I wouldn’t put the small blind on any 2 in a $25 sit’n’go.

Again this is with no reads. The tightest range I can put SB on is A-6 o, A-2s, any pair, any 2 10 or higher, K-8 ‘s Q-9’s. I believe 7’s are little better then 50% against this range (I’m at work and do not have my poker tools). So with the money already in the pot, the blinds this high and a little bit of folding equity. I push.

This may be a leak of mine so feel free to jump all over this if you feel I am wrong. We are all here to learn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 02:02 PM

I'm not saying that it's correct to play here, but if you do so, I think calling is superior to pushing. It's safe to say that 98%+ of opponents will call a preflop push.

If he pushes the flop (or any other street), put the rest of your chips in no matter what.

If he checks for some reason, you can either check it down and hopefully preserve some chips and precious FE (he doesn't want to bust either), or you can push your last 1K if checked to on the flop and the board looks to be in your favor. It's not likely, but a really bad opponent could find a fold depending on the board.

You're not losing anything by calling instead of pushing preflop.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that it's correct to play here, but if you do so, I think calling is superior to pushing. It's safe to say that 98%+ of opponents will call a preflop push.

If he pushes the flop (or any other street), put the rest of your chips in no matter what.

If he checks for some reason, you can either check it down and hopefully preserve some chips and precious FE (he doesn't want to bust either), or you can push your last 1K if checked to on the flop and the board looks to be in your favor. It's not likely, but a really bad opponent could find a fold depending on the board.

You're not losing anything by calling instead of pushing preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not quite as ready to call on any flop, but I like this choice best. I just cant believe it took a UM guy to come up with it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Im comin for ya at the 60s terp...6 more months, enjoy them.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:01 PM

I'm not folding a midpair when my opponent has 4.5BB. That's just silly.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:45 PM

Wow i'm really suprised that this post got so much feedback. I ended up folding because I figured that chances were I was racing or worse. Also i figured it be a better play to push any 2 next hand if folded to me. I know it's results based so it doesn't really matter but I ended up winning the sng. Thanks alot for the feedback